*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557119-On-the-First-Day-of-Christmas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#557119 added December 26, 2007 at 12:53am
Restrictions: None
On the First Day of Christmas
15 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Tuesday, December 25, 2007 about 9:25 PM PST

The first day of Christmas has begun


This supposes that one celebrates the 12 Days of Christmas beginning on the evening of December 25 and ending on the evening of January 6, rather than from the Day of December 25 and ending on the day of January 5. It, also, supposes that you celebrate Christmas on December 25 rather than on January 7 and now that I have confused everyone let me get on with this entry.

In the song my true love refers to Christ, who is also the Partridge in the Pear Tree according to the article The Twelve Days of Christmas by Dennis Bratcher and found out http://www.cresourcei.org/cy12days.html. I found this information extremely interesting.

Growing up, in Oklahoma, I attended religious Christmas pageants every year with my Grandparent. The song was sang at most of them and I wonder why. I always thought the song told about a man giving gifts to his girl friend. No one could ever tell me why it was sang at religious Christmas pageants. Of course, that isn't the only religious question that couldn't be answered to my satisfaction, but I'll discuss the other in later entries.

Now I know that rather than being about romantic love, the Twelve Days of Christmas is about spiritual love. About the love of God for humanity; this throws an entirely new light on the song and on the gifts; each of which has a spiritual meaning

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557119-On-the-First-Day-of-Christmas