*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557962-The-Last-Day-of-2007
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#557962 added December 31, 2007 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
The Last Day of 2007
1 Sharaf 164 B.E. - Monday, December 31, 2007 about 9:41 AM PST

This is the first day of Sharaf (Honor) and the last day of 2007. I started this entry earlier, but just logged off without saving it. I'm in a down mood and I'm not sure why. It could be that it's the last day of 2007 and endings always depress me. I don't know why I should be sad to see the year go. 2007 hasn't been a great year for me and 2008 has to be much better. Actually, I'd settle for a little bit better.

I went to Feast last night. The Feast of Sharaf was wonderful, spiritual. I came home and went to bed. I woke up this morning in a good mood not depressed or anything like that. Now I'm depressed, but my mood is changing as I write. Sometimes writing about my mood helps and sometimes it doesn't. I said my prayers this morning, which helped brighten my mood. I'll go say some more prayers that will improve my mood.

My mood is slowly improving. So perhaps it did have something to do with the end of 2007. I'm looking forward to 2008 and all the exciting stuff that will occur. A new year is like a new baby. It smells so nice and fresh then the baby begins to eat and you have to change its diaper. The baby begins to grow and gets into everything, but it's your baby and you have to give it instruction and care for it.

I'm not sure if that's a good analogy comparing a new year to a new baby just works so far and then it dries up. Of course, you can't leave a diaper on a baby for long periods of time before it starts smelling and gives the baby a rash. Maybe that's the problem with new years; we leave its diaper on too long. Maybe we just need to change the year's diaper periodically and take better care of it.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/557962-The-Last-Day-of-2007