*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689803-So-Where-Was-I
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#689803 added March 10, 2010 at 9:12pm
Restrictions: None
...So Where Was I?!....
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

There’s no race, no religion, no class system, no color,
nothing, no sexual orientation that makes us better than anyone else.
We are all deserving of love.

~Sandra Bullock (in her acceptance speech for an Oscar)

Helloooo People!!! Remember me?! I feel like I was gone much longer than I actually was, but well...life called me in a different direction and had to deal with life offline. It happens! *Wink*
And well...it was not really a bad thing...some good came out of it and I say, if you can take that moment for another in life, even if it throws you off your own course for a bit, it was worth it. It was, and here I sit!
Lesson for today!....Beware of those coming to visit and bearing gifts. One of my neighbors who has been complaining through the grapevine about me feeding the deer showed up at my door today with a Red Velvet Cake! I could tell she was there to spy and see if I was feeding the deer still....she received her answer when they gathered around her as she was leaving. I invited her to feed them some apples. After a few 'no''s she fed the most friendliest one...who gently took it from her hand as she does with me. I do believe I may have silenced her and given her a new appreciation...we will see! It's sad that people have nothing more to do in their life then to complain about something that really is not doing harm to them, nor anyone else, and whose day is made by waiting for the mailman to show up so she has someone else to talk to in her lonely life. I've decided to make her my friend regardless, and invited her for dinner this night. She accepted and left full and happy I might add. I sent her home with supper for tomorrow as well! During the time we visited, however, she was asking me a whole lot of questions, as old people sometimes do(this one especially! HA!) She wanted to know what I did for a living..if I had family...if I mind living alone...what religion I was...what race I was. I didn't want to add to her prejudices(people around here are very prejudice), so I turned the questions on her and simply gave her thoughts as she spoke. I told her that I really don't like to be pigeon-holed into one of anything, whether it be a religion or a race, and 'family' to me could be those deer out there and my plants in here that keep me company and depend on me to give them proper nourishment and water. In the scheme of all things, we are really all 'family' anyway. We are all connected. I shared that with her.
Mitakuye Oyasin(We are all related)...for me, these are the most powerful words one can say in Lakota. (I didn't tell her that, or she would have found me out *Laugh*, for I can surely pass in both worlds...it's better for her not to know anything about me!) If only people on this earth would see that we are really all brothers and sisters. From the same tree with the same root! I say to you that if you do not like me or another person for whatever reason...you probably do not like a part of yourself..for there I am...a part of you...just another leaf off the same tree, perhaps just from another branch. My thought this night anyway. *RainbowL**Smile**Heart**RainbowR*
And well...It's not like me to not stop in my day and give thanks to the Creator...sometimes... throughout the day I will do this, but at least once a day I do. Now, I want to take the time and give 'thanks' and appreciation to the 'Anonymous', kind human being who 'gifted'...not just me, but others who actually look forward to reading this blog..more time here. It's that 'ripple' effect again...Amazing how you go to help one person, and in retrospect, you have no idea you are helping others as well. This was pointed out to me by a friend who I had the good company of one evening this past week, when I made mention of this kind gesture...this compassion shown. (((((((((((((( Thank youuu!!! I am grateful!!! *Heart* )))))))))))))))))
Z.˚rz man! Don't think I don't know it's your birthday coming up!!! You will be the birthdayyyy boyyyy!!! *Bigsmile*...okay..I believe I've blogged enough tonight. As you were!!! <salute>*Bigsmile**Heart*

My 'Gift' To You This Day~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689803-So-Where-Was-I