*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692819-Home--the-place-where-you-feel-welcome
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
#692819 added April 10, 2010 at 4:38pm
Restrictions: None
Home the place where you feel welcome
We rarely go to visit my maternal grandmother, so it was a great surprise when today my mu decided we rush there even if it was just to say hi. I was tired after spending most of the night at a fundraising concert but visits like this come only once in a blue moon so I didn’t want to miss out. If there are two people you never want to mix especially when time is not on your side are my mum and her last born sister. And that is exactly who my mum called to go with us to my grandma’s place. Good thing though is that Aunt P. is fun and she never runs out of stories to tell. One thing we are always assured of with her is that you’ll never have a dull moment. So we set off after we ate lunch, 2hrs later we were still on the way, sitting in a cafĂ© sipping some cold drinks as we waited for Aunt P to show up, and thirty more minutes before she and my mum agreed which car they wanted to take. At the end of it all we got to my grandma’s place, no one was home; my grandma was off to a neighbor’s to join them in celebrating their golden jubilee. When she did come, she looked health, the age is getting to her but her smile is intact, her joy at seeing us is hard to describe in words. She fussed over me and my sister like we were still kids but its ok grandma’s are supposed to do that. It reminded me the importance of family in each of our lives, helped me that no matter how big I become, I will always be grateful that I have an even bigger family to help me celebrate each and every accomplishment. And when things do not go as I expect I can always go home an they will love me the some, welcome me with open arms and we can still share jokes, laugh, argue make up, for without family, where would we be?

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692819-Home--the-place-where-you-feel-welcome