*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700398-Back-In-BloggvilleFor-Now-Anyway
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#700398 added June 29, 2010 at 4:37pm
Restrictions: None
Back In Bloggville.......For Now Anyway!
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Follow the three R's:
- Respect for self.
- Respect for others.
- Responsibility for all your actions.

~Dalai Lama XIV

Good to be back amongst the bloggers here at Bloggville! *Delight* Even if it is for just a short while...I am happy to be here! Unfortunately, however, I have many blogs to catch up on. I did attempt it this morning, and one blog entry that stayed in my mind here, was PlannerDan , with his latest blog entry:

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#865259 by Not Available.


What stood out, in particular, was something I didn't comment on. He made the comment:

When I’m waiting for Max to eat his breakfast (Yes, I wait for my dog to eat breakfast…that is a whole other story)

Back in the day when I had my three dogs: Cheyenne, Blue(in this photo), and Chip. I treated them as my own children. Whereever I went...they went. If I went to Dunkin Donuts...although I would get myself a coffee, they would all get an Egg & Cheese Croissant(sometimes w/bacon!) If I traveled anywhere and stopped at a drive thru(say...Burger King), when I ordered, it would always be for them as well. I swear those cashiers probably thought I was crazy with those orders of burgers, but they ate what I ate. If I wouldn't eat something...why would I give it to my 'children'. If I were at home...I would serve them, before my own self, and I would allow them to begin before I ate. It was out of 'respect' for them and to show honor. Dan's blog entry today reminded me of those times.
These days, I don't have any pets simply due to either travel, or my now apartment living. I just feel animals should be as free as possible, and live as good as we do. I personally wouldn't want anyone to wait all day long for me to come home(especially in darkness.)
Animals should be treated in a good way, in my opinion. Now...I don't know Dan's reasoning for why he waits for his companion, Max to eat first, but for me it was called, 'Honor and Respect' for another one of the Creators children. Just a thought this day! *Delight*
And well...since I used the quote above from the Dalai Lama...why not share it all....

The Dalai Lama's Instructions for life:
Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

Follow the three R's:
- Respect for self.
- Respect for others.
- Responsibility for all your actions.

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship.

When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

Spend some time alone everyday.

Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.

Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.

A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Be gentle with the earth.

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
~Dalai Lama XIV

My 'Gift' Of Song For You~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700398-Back-In-BloggvilleFor-Now-Anyway