*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700508-Oh-LordAre-There-Really-People-Starving-Still
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#700508 added July 1, 2010 at 1:07am
Restrictions: None
Oh Lord...Are There Really People Starving Still?!.....
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Let us not ever become Silent About those things that matter!!!
~Me

....The above quote came to me while I was deep in prayer one evening not too long ago. I believe it was brought to me, to bring me back to my 'purpose' here...things that matter. I've somehow gone off the track at times.
You know, people of America...here we are...summer has finally arrived...I look here and there in these Black Hills and I see so many tourists. People who have saved for an entire year to arrive here in this part of America to see the sights. "Look!...There's Mt. Rushmore!"..."Ohhhhh...there's Crazy Horse Monument!" A beautiful place here in this country you have dubbed, The United States of America, but what you are all missing people, are those who go without voices, aside from those monuments. Lands that are being used as bombing ranges with people living not too far from them. The waters being poisoned and making people sick.
I once asked an Elder, why it was they called this land you see in the picture above...The Badlands. She said, "Because it's no good Summer. Nothing would grow here...even the wasicu's 'devil' wouldn't live here." As she sat there rocking... she just sort of laughed and then looked down, as if recalling her past. And don't you knoww...they put the Lakota people here in hopes they wouldn't survive. This is something that matters people. To me, however...it's the most beautiful place...a place of peace, yet it speaks silently of suffering. Yes my friends, there are still people starving still! And you see that picture there?! You can find them there....but if you look good enough in your own area, you can find them there too! There are children that are lucky if they can get one meal aday. Some elders still live out in those lands with nothing to keep them from the frigid winter's cold, the strong blowing winds of the plains, but plastic as windows. Those harsh summers.... There are still many without electricity, never mind an air conditioner...nor do they have running water.
And while I am not pitching for you to send your money anywhere...I am asking you to take notice that your Government lies to you. People of this "America" need to help their own before extending that hand out there to other countries. This is what matters. Take a look around your own area. There are people starving still! I find this appalling, especially when we pride ourselves in saying that we are the richest country in the world! I won't remain silent about this, when there are children and elders in need....even families now that are in need! It's all around you...just look! Educate yourself and help your neighbor when you can....for isn't that the Golden Rule? Love One Another! Personally..I am tired of seeing people suffering. Pleasant dreams when sleep finally finds you.....*Heart*

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Night~ love the words in this....
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700508-Oh-LordAre-There-Really-People-Starving-Still