*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728807-Note-to-self--Read-Carefully
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#728807 added July 16, 2011 at 9:34pm
Restrictions: None
Note to self: Read Carefully
In terms of your artistic/writing craft, comment on the following idea:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious". ~~Einstein
and
"What shakes the eye but the invisible?"~~ Theodore Roethke


Okay, I just have to say that when I first read this I thought it said, "In terms of your artisitic/witch craft". I began freaking out, feeling like I was the only non-wicaan person in the world, and I was going to have to research spells so I'd have something to write about and then my son might see my history of sites on the computer and not be able to sleep at night, and then OMG i wouldn't get a good night's sleep!

Actually, I do practice a little witchcraft I suppose, when I make my 8th grade students believe that if they lie to me, I will put a curse on them that they'll never have a date to the prom.

But it doesn't say that, so let's go on.

I just love Einstein. Such a kooky guy. So he's saying one of the most beautiful things I can experience is something I didn't realize I could create, right? Kinda? Hey, just tell me I'm right - it'll make me happy.

I can see that though. Sometimes I write or make a hairbow (don't make fun, it's a relaxing technique for me lol), and I'll go back and be like - wow - that came out of me??? - Sarcastic, me? At first I'm in awe, and then I laugh.

Now Theodore, that's pretty deep. I think he's saying what grabs are attention is when we don't see what we expect. Which is honestly how I try to write. I think, okay how would someone else do it, and then i try to do something else. I'm sure many of us do. But it's more than that too. It's effecting someone else's thoughts; changing their processing.

Nice quotes to ponder.

Over and out!
ALR




© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728807-Note-to-self--Read-Carefully