*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754885-Just-telling
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#754885 added June 14, 2012 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Just telling...
I did a little weeding today in between the raindrops. We are definitely in our rainy season...every afternoon. Yes, we do have seasons in Florida. There's the hurricane season, the love-bug season, the rainy season (oh, yeah, I mentioned that), the tourist season, and of course, we have summer. Come to think of it, they may all be the same season...or the same time period.

It has rained so much, I have grass growing in my bird feeders, yuck. And a pair of bluebirds are nesting under my mailbox. They try to dive bomb me every time I go for the mail. I'm thinking maybe I need to wear protective clothing. Those little things can be scary. Remember The Birds? I'll be reaching for my mail and I hear this click, click, clicking noise and see these darting shadows on the ground. Makes a person want to leave the junk mail in the box!

I made the most delicious sugared pecans today. And so easy. I guess I have mentioned about a thousand times how much I like Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad. Well, it has sugared pecans on it. The cheapest pecans in the supermarket are found in the baking aisle, usually near the flour and sugar. So all you do is whip an egg white with a teeny bit of water till frothy, mix some white sugar, a little salt, and a little cinnamon together, dump your pecans in the egg mix to coat, take out with a slotted spoon, then put them in the dry mix and shake them around until they are coated. Remove them again with a slotted spoon and spread them out on an oiled, foil covered baking sheet. Put them in a 250 degree oven for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. I'm not sure these will make it to the salad...yum. Nothing that comes in a can tastes this good *Smile*.

I started writing a poem for the "Short Shots: Official WDC Contest but got stuck after 8 lines....

Sunset finds him alone on the beach,
missing his master who's now out of reach.

He knows something's different, he can't tell what.
Now another voice calls him, always ending with "mutt".

He can hardly eat, his food tastes funny somehow.
It sticks in his throat, can't be his usual chow.

What happened, he wonders, where is his master?
There were bright flashing lights and sounds of disaster.

This has been happening to me a lot lately. I think it's called poor concentration. But I had fun writing these 8 lines and the whole story is somewhere in my head. I've decided there are lots of good reasons to write that have nothing to do with being published, two of the most important being to have fun and just maybe learn something about yourself. So that's what I'm going to do. Just have fun writing. That is how I started on this site and the main reason it is so dear to me.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754885-Just-telling