*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761884-Volunteering-at-the-library
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#761884 added October 2, 2012 at 4:32pm
Restrictions: None
Volunteering at the library...
Working in a library was something I always wanted to do so now that I have the time and need the distraction, I signed up to volunteer. Today was my first day, and I was not disappointed. Before I was accepted, I had to fill out an application and give my permission for a background check, probably because of working around kids. Also, I had to take a little test to make sure I could alphabetize and put call numbers in order. Re-shelving books is the main job for volunteers. I started in the juvenile fiction section, an area I was not all that familiar with. It was not any problem though. Everyone was friendly, helpful, and there was no pressure *Smile*. I am looking forward to more.

As I was beginning this blog, it started to rain, and outside my window I could see hundreds (maybe) of dragonflies swarming through the air over my front yard. It made me think of a special name Jim called them, snake doctors. He was the only person I ever heard call them that. I googled it and found that it is a term used in the Southern United States relating to a folk belief that dragonflies follow snakes around and stitch them back together if they are injured. I wonder how that got started? And I wonder if Jim knew that? Maybe it was to make people scared of them so they wouldn't try to catch them like butterflies. You wouldn't want to go where you thought snakes might be, right? That's my story....

till next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761884-Volunteering-at-the-library