*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795914-A-hint-of-what-is-coming
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#795914 added October 26, 2013 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
A hint of what is coming....
The arctic blast is rolling in and we have been down to the 40's F at night, very chilly in the mornings. I warm my cold, stiff fingers around my hot coffee mug *Smile*. Birdies at my feeders now are cedar waxwings, black-capped chickadees, and cardinals with the cedar waxwings being the most vocal. Crows and squirrels are scavenging for whatever is handy, and the squirrels run haphazardly across the street out front without regard to cars. Mopsy huddles on the bed until the sun warms the back porch. Then she settles on the warmest chair cushion with front paws tucked underneath instead of stretched out as is usual during the summer months. We all must adapt.

I signed up for a drawing class which starts next Wednesday, two hours in the afternoon and taught by my critique pod friend. I am working on a portrait of EAP that I found online, downloaded and enlarged, appropriate for Halloween I thought *Laugh*. And he has so much character in that face! I have been working on the eyes for a few days now and they still seem to be off just a little. I'm hoping Terri can give me a new perspective on my methods and help me to improve.

Of course I am still missing Jim. Sometimes it seems like I am living two lives, the one when I am out and about around people and the other when I am home alone with only my thoughts. I wonder if things will ever be normal for me again. It has been a little over fifteen months and it still feels like yesterday.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795914-A-hint-of-what-is-coming