*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796132-A-busy-and-happy-weekend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#796132 added October 29, 2013 at 9:05am
Restrictions: None
A busy (and happy) weekend...
We are having perfect fall weather, and it makes me energetic *Smile*. How come when the grass grows like crazy, it is miserably hot to work in the yard *Rolleyes*.

A lady at church, who is up there in her eighties, has decided to move to Georgia, closer to her son, so this afternoon I am helping her get ready for an estate sale. She has already sold her house and closes in a couple of weeks. She is the daughter of "Aunt Fanny (revised). I am trying to decide whether to share my little story about her mom with her. Maybe I will give her a copy after we are all finished.

Last Saturday I went with Terri, my artsy friend, to the fall Friends of the Library book sale, and bought a few more books which I shouldn't have. I cannot resist. After, we went out for pizza, and I even had a beer...woohoo. Then, Sunday afternoon, she invited me to a little get-together belated birthday celebration with two of her neighbors who are 91 (both of them). Well, I am very encouraged. They get around as well as I do, still driving and living on their own. I wanted to know their secret, but they said they had none. However, in the course of time I realized they are interested in many things and both are chatterboxes. It felt like they may be conversation-deprived, non-stop talking almost. They are very interested in the goings-on of their neighbors, our government, and the world in general...what a joy they were to listen to. We enjoyed a wine tasting (compliments of Terri) and a cheese, cracker, and fruit smorgasbord, compliments of the birthday girls.

Well, I have a cake to bake for the fall festival at church (tomorrow) and, at 1, I have to be at Carolyn's so I must get hopping....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796132-A-busy-and-happy-weekend