*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799788-Scratching-critiquing-and-pizza
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#799788 added December 9, 2013 at 4:45pm
Restrictions: None
Scratching, critiquing, and pizza.
At my last drawing class I did something new, scratchboard. First I took a piece of Bristol board, which is just a special piece of white cardboard, and covered it with crayon. I just mixed up the colors and applied them heavily. Then a topcoat of black tempera (poster paint) mixed with a drop of two of dishwashing liquid and some water to thin it down. I applied four coats letting it dry in between to completely cover up the crayon. After it is completely dry, the fun begins. Yep, choose a subject and scratch it out. I did a dragonfly. Oh, what fun! It's magic! I am going to miss that class.



Thursday was critique pod morning which went very well. There are three of us and we are jelling...is that a word? Anyway, we are getting along very well, really helping each other with our writing. We all have each other's best writing as a top priority and with that knowledge, suggestions are easily given and accepted, just the way it has to be to move forward. It's exciting.

Life History Group Meeting was Thursday afternoon, and we had a little holiday party with eggnog and goodies. One of our older members lost her husband month before last and was welcomed back to our group with many big hugs. She is one of several in the group who has already completed one memoir and published. I borrowed it to read...it's titled When Sex Was Safe and Diving Was Dangerous. I'll report on that later *Wink*.

On Friday night I went to a silent auction with a girlfriend (local art) which was another first and very interesting. Afterwards we went to this amazing pizza place named Satchell's. It's very hard to describe. The only thing I will say is that one of the eating areas is inside an old yellow VW van, um huh. We had our delicious pizza in a regular booth, and oh yeah, the dessert menu is on a viewmaster. For those who do not know what that is, you'll just have to google it *Laugh*.

Saturday I rested up...phew...and today was church day, morning and evening, since I was counted on for a ride. I love church at Christmas time with all the "pomp and circumstance". In the Nazarene Church, it is a very serious business with the Advent season leading up to the birth of Jesus and also reminding us of the second coming. On the evening of December 22nd, everyone who can is to wear old timey long dresses (just the ladies) and bibbed overalls (for the men). We'll all sing Christmas carols in the light of candles and oil lamps. I'll try to have a story about that later, too.

Well, it is past my bedtime. I am looking forward to a quiet week with time to do a couple of submissions and some serious yard work. Take time to enjoy the holidays and....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799788-Scratching-critiquing-and-pizza