*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799398-Just-go-and-get-over-it
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#799398 added December 4, 2013 at 9:05am
Restrictions: None
Just go and get over it...
The WAG Party (Writers' Alliance of Gainesville) Sunday night was fun. I almost did not go. I am sure you have heard those little voices in your head..."you won't be dressed right, you don't fit in, just skip it and stay home". I went anyway and had another new experience. It was helpful that it was held in the Senior Rec Center where I often go for zumba gold so I was familiar with the territory. It's a fairly huge room. Several round tables with nice white cloths were set up in one half leaving the rest for dancing. The dinner was catered by a local restaurant so the buffet line of tables were near one wall. The food was good, even one vegetarian entree and there was plenty of wine and tea, missing water. Near the adjacent wall, authors in the group had tables with their books displayed. Of course I bought one, Wrestling God by Art Crummer, our prez. He wrote a very nice inscription and I am close to half-way through. The band was called Bella Luna, swing music, and they played on the raised platform normally reserved for our zumba leader. I enjoyed the meal with two of my critique podmates and some other friends, listened to some funny stories, and was glad I decided to go.

Yesterday was book club day. We had a poor turnout, maybe due to the holidays. It was a shame because our book was by a local author and he made a very interesting indepth presentation about how he got the idea, how his writing progressed, and how he did his research, actually traveling to England (it's called Lancelot's Grail), visiting the site of Camelot and Arthur's birthplace and burial plot. It was another interesting meeting.

I'm not sure I can continue to go to Juanita's for Thanksgiving. I know she means well and I really appreciate it, but it brings back such memories and leaves me down in the dumps, missing Jim. How to quit feeling so sad about certain things....maybe time.

Anyway...Christmas draws ever near and helps me keep busy. I have my last drawing class today *Frown* and a critique pod meeting Thursday. Life is interesting....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799398-Just-go-and-get-over-it