*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804991-Dear-me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#804991 added January 28, 2014 at 10:00pm
Restrictions: None
Dear me....
I am sitting here listening to the "state of the union" message. Of course, I only need one ear and no fingers for that *Laugh*. So I figured I might as well write the big news for Florida....snow is predicted for right here in Gainesville on Thursday morning. But our forecaster says the ground is too warm for it to stick or amount to anything...Thank God! I moved to Florida to get away from that stuff. I notice it is getting close to one digit in Delaware where my daughter lives, and I've given up on looking at the weather in N.D. where my son is. I figure I suffer through the high humidity and extreme temps in our five-month summers to be comfortable in January. What's happening here?

I have been debating on whether or not to write a "dear me" letter, but I think I would be doomed to failure if I expressed any goals for the year. I looked up the definition of the phrase and found the following: Mild dismay or regret, such as, "good god" or "my goodness", a polite explanation expressing surprise, distress, sympathy, shock, dismay, or disappointment. Dear me.

A few more sentence starters...

A typical day for me at the age of twenty was.....
The most fun I ever had was....
Once I was tricked into....
I almost got fired once for....
The biggest compliment I ever received was....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804991-Dear-me