*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805149-No-snow
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#805149 added January 30, 2014 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
No snow....
Well, we did not get any snow, only rain, but it is cold to me with a high in the 40's predicted for today. It's hard to believe 80 degrees is predicted for Sunday. I have left a little potted palm tree on my front porch and it is wrapped up like a mummy.

I have signed up for this, writingyourlife.org   and it is free, if anyone is interested. I need some motivation and maybe this will do the trick. This lady gave a presentation (for her book) at a WAG meeting last year. I liked her and sent an email telling her so and I got an email from her telling me about this. I hope she has some prompts I've not already heard.

Last night I started reading Labor Day by Joyce Maynard, the book behind the movie. I think the movie starts tomorrow here in Gainesville. The trailer for it is what sparked my interest. Joyce Maynard has written several books, fiction and non-fiction, but this is my first of hers to read. I noticed immediately that she does not use any quotation marks for dialogue. Actually, I think I like it better, less clutter. The book is told through a young boy's eyes, and I am liking it very much.

Today instead of sentence starters, I though I would say a little about organization of memoirs. Not too far into our class, we were told to prepare a life framework, or chronological outline. On a piece of ruled paper we listed the years beginning with our birth to present day. In columns beside the year was our age/grade in school, anything that popped into our head that may have happened that year (these will come quickly in flashes & need to be jotted down for later), where we were living, any important event, and then the last column was for political, social, environmental, arts, music, etc., events. The years you will see will establish a natural division in the parts of your life. These parts, one or more, can serve to be a basis of your memoir.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805149-No-snow