*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806175-Stories-and-Surprises
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#806175 added February 7, 2014 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
Stories and Surprises
Life History Group meeting yesterday at the library. Only seven of us showed up, but quality made up for quantity. A new/old member (new to me, old to the group) attended with her walker and her 91 years of memories! She shared a hilarious story about a dog name Daisy. The story was so well set up, I don't think any of us had an inkling of how it would end. After her husband passed away, she decided she needed a four-legged friend for cuddling and comfort. She led us down the road to the pound, the poor little dog who picked her, the pricey vet, supplies, special foods, etc. When the little dog did not turn out to be cuddly at all and really seemed to be part greyhound instead...and would not get potty-trained (not sure that's the word for it since I am not a dog-owner), the thoughts of doggy ownership dimmed. You can imagine the ending, but at least he had all his pricey baggage to commend him to a new owner *Smile*. All the stories were especially good yesterday, but this one was a real treat.

I had some surprises at my eye check-up Tuesday...missed my book club meeting because of it. My pressure was up and I am now on drops...and I have something going on in my right retina so I am being referred to a retinal specialist. Never expected any of that. At least my cataracts are about the same.

The speaker scheduled for our WAG meeting on this coming Sunday cancelled because of an illness in the family and our faithful leader has put together a critique pod presentation since these pods seem sort of shadowy and mysterious to new members. I will sit on a panel with four other much more knowledgeable participants to talk about and answer questions on this topic. I am a little nervous, trying to prepare...not the greatest on spontaneous. If you are so inclined, say a little prayer that I will not appear completely inept Sunday at 2:30 *Smile*.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806175-Stories-and-Surprises