*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808483-Breathing-again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#808483 added February 28, 2014 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Breathing again....
I had my appointment yesterday with a retina specialist and had a very thorough exam...didn't know my pupils could get that huge. Anyway, in a nutshell, he thinks the tear is old and possible age-related since I did not have any symptoms (good news, I think). He said to call their office right away if I did have symptoms. I asked, "What am I looking for?" He said, "Blurry vision in your central field of vision." All righty, then. I feel so much better. And my pressure has come down with the drops...or on its own, who knows, but I am happy *Smile*.

Stitches are out of my left temple and in on the back of my neck...just waiting now to have those out, but not until the tenth of March. I am out of the tunnel..yay.

It is a beautiful day here this morning, bright and sunny and around fifty degrees F. Birds are singing and crowding the feeder. When I checked on Mopsy to let her back in from the porch, she was nose to nose with another cat (the screen in between). Of course, when she hears me, her back goes up and she's ready to fight. She thinks she has back-up *Laugh*. The other cat did run when it saw me which just reinforces her supposition. She is such a scarity-pants!

When I went to the dermatologist Wednesday (7:45 a.m.), the fog was so beautiful, so close to the ground and mysterious, I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite poems by Carl Sandburg. This took my mind off my appointment...poetry works just as well if not better than any medication.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808483-Breathing-again