*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808805-Snow-in-March-no-way
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#808805 added March 3, 2014 at 8:52am
Restrictions: None
Snow in March, no way!
My daughter in Delaware called me last night while the Oscars were on. It had already started the freezing rain and her boss had texted her not to come in this morning. This is what the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach looks like this morning http://www.rehobothbeachcam.com/ With ice under snow predicted, the Governor had already issued a "state of emergency" last night. I am glad she will be home today, safe and sound with her kitty, Oliver.

It is hard to believe I was cutting grass (rather, weeds) yesterday afternoon. Earlier I went to an arts and crafts festival, a small one, not too interesting, so I decided to get gas for the mower and trim up where it was needed. At first, my mower would not start because of a clogged air filter so I cleaned that and got it running. Boy have I gotten out of shape over the winter. I was out of breath and tired in fifteen minutes of mowing so I didn't get a whole lot done but at least it was something. Now I am thinking about how I will do when it really gets hot...hmmmm.

I finished The Light Between Oceans last night...late, a good book, one that pushes and pulls your emotions. Deep down you know it is not going to end well. I am interested to see how the discussion goes Tuesday at Book Club. This was Stedman's first novel.

Today, I have a meeting at 2 with WAG's critique pod coordinator. Her husband is waiting for a heart valve transplant and she doesn't feel she will have the time the volunteer job requires. I'll see if I think I can handle all that is involved (very simple, she says). It certainly made me feel good that she thought of me.

For all you snowed in people, stay safe and warm. Spring is coming, I promise.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808805-Snow-in-March-no-way