*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817370-My-Kingdom-for-a-coffee
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#817370 added May 20, 2014 at 8:49am
Restrictions: None
My Kingdom for a coffee
The words coffee and cream cake always bring back memories of the earlier days of YouTube. Memories of The Retarded Policeman saying COCONUT CREAM CAKE, and spitting a bit of spit on the other actor's face.
The actor in question did a very good job of pronouncing these words, because of difficulties with his speech.

Yes, it's strange that we can talk about the early days of the Internet as most people know it, (I'm not talking nerdy first networks and stuff) and those good old days when chat forums were all the rage.
Do people still use yahoo messenger and yahoo chatrooms?

Our children and I had computers out in the shed at this time, and we saw the beginnings of some of this early stuff on YouTube.

This is how I see it anyway. Half of what I say seems to be a year or two late. Hmmm. No need to rush things anyway, and maybe my sort of news is for people who don't rush stuff unless prodded by their editor, publisher or wife / husband / partner / car.

I remember when we watched The Guild. It wasn't that early but it is a good example of a success story where amateurs started something that grew and grew until it was very successful, and famous. Is famous.



Felicia Day is also famous as a guest star on CW Supernatural. She played a geeky character like on the guild. (And it was awesome, our daughter just informed me. She, our daughter, is a Supernatural fan fiction writer)

And then there was The Retarded Policeman from Mediocre Films, that was / is a funny set of films with the main character / actor doing short skits, skits that poke fun at people who label others as "retards". The acting and humour is quite something in this series, even if it is on the edge of strange *muhahahahahhaaaaaaalaugh*

http://youtu.be/yioJQFrqMXM

So, let's raise our glasses, or mugs of coffee, in a toast to....COFFEE!



Here's a video demonstrating no coffee versus coffee. Oh yeah. Aint this the truth hey fellow writers?



Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817370-My-Kingdom-for-a-coffee