*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835371-The-Little-Gate-That-Could
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#835371 added December 4, 2014 at 8:45am
Restrictions: None
The Little Gate That Could
I am so proud of myself...yesterday I repaired my chain link gate that got really bent from a fallen limb a couple of weeks back. We had a scary wind and rainstorm (I call them tornadoes *Laugh*) that wrenched off a bunch of pine limbs in my back yard. The limb that hit my gate was so heavy it popped off the top hinge from its pin and bent the top so deeply, that side set about three inches away from the upright post. I wasn't sure it could be fixed, but (you're not going to believe this), Jim talked me through it...or I talked myself through it...one of those. I took off the gate completely, disconnected the chain link from the top rail part, removed the cute but bent curlicue doodad that sits on the top, turned the whole thing upside down in my garage, and went to work with a sledgehammer, pounding with the flat top edge of it about a thousand times on the bent part. Slowly it straightened out until it is almost as good as new with just a little dent if you look closely. I even straightened the curlicue.*Smile*

Other than repairing the gate and raking a zillion pine needles with a zillion more waiting, that is about all I did yesterday. My book club met Tuesday so I have minutes to do today...The Paris Wife was our book for December. We had a rousing discussion of Mr. Hemingway. The book is about his first wife, Hadley. Those last two sentences tell a lot. I've got to get going on those minutes...they take me a couple of hours. Have a good Thursday...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835371-The-Little-Gate-That-Could