*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845040-A-temporary-fix
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#845040 added March 27, 2015 at 7:44am
Restrictions: None
A temporary fix?
I am continuing to feel better each day and even cut my grass yesterday with much less pain than the time I cut it before *Smile*. I had my MRI Wednesday but have heard no results yet. The prednisone sounds a little scary though...yes, I have been reading on the web. Apparently, one mustn't take it for a long period of time or it will damage the adrenal glands...extra cortisol is what I am getting by taking it and that is relieving the inflammation, not really addressing the cause of the problem. But at this point I am relishing the less pain feeling *Smile*.

The voice of an owl woke me this morning around five o'clock. I've heard him or her several times before but usually before midnight while sitting in the swing on the backporch. I lay listening several minutes, ahooo, ahooo, awk awk awk, than drifted back to sleep. Some sounds are comforting...but probably not to the owl's prey. Now I am thinking of the sounds I heard while lying in the MRI. It wasn't uncomfortable except for the noise...and they even give you a headphone with music. The first noise sounds like a jackhammer and just when you are becoming used to the drone of it, it stops abruptly. "Are we done yet?" No, then it's a shocking didgeridoo. This continued back and forth for over an hour. Not comforting.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845040-A-temporary-fix