*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892863-Partying-in-Plantation-Florida---NOT
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#892863 added September 24, 2016 at 4:36pm
Restrictions: None
Partying in Plantation Florida - NOT!
Date: Week of September 12st

Locale:  Plantation, Florida

         Last week I went to Plantation Florida to deliver what we call a resident class.  With the recent changes at Motorola Solutions (We still call it Motorola), some of our resident classes will now be delivered there.  This is one of them.  It was a class on our newest subscriber radios (the kind you see the police using), both hand held portables and vehicle mounted mobiles.  The class was good, with a lot of good participation and discussion with the students.

         Plantation sits about 15 miles inland of Fort Lauderdale; believe it or not, I took no pictures while I was there.  But then, other than Sunday afternoon after arriving, I was no where near Fort Lauderdale.  I did have dinner at a nice place on Sunday night, right on the beach, but that was my only trek there.  Now if it had been March or April, might have been another story.  I would have gone to see the people partying, I'm far too old to try and do that myself.  *Smile*

         I really like this area of the country, except the traffic there is horrendous.  Almost as bad as being in Chicago.  What I found most surprising, was how rude the drivers were.  You'd think they might be a little more polite, but that's definitely not the case.  All in all though, it was a good time, and I did manage to dine at a few interesting restaurants.

Noteworthy Restaurants:

         Lulu's Bait Shack - http://www.lulusbaitshack.com/  I had to try their Smoked Fish Dip.  I thought it was good, but nothing to write home about.  It was nice to sit almost on the beach and watch people enjoying themselves.

         Padrino's Cuban Cuisine - http://padrinos.com/menu  I joined a couple of the students here on Tuesday night, their Paella was excellent!  A bit too much for me, pretty large, but excellent.  I wanted return for a second visit, but there were too many other places I had to see.

         Tin Fish Restaurant - http://www.tinfishsunrise.com/  This was a very laid back type of restaurant, one I will visit again should I deliver more classes in Plantation.  I don't normally eat a lot of fried food.  However, since it's been a while since I've had this, I had to order their combo platter of Fried Catfish Nuggets, Frog Legs, and Gator Bites.  It was very good, but I probably wouldn't order it again, simply because it's fried.

         Big Bear Brewing Company - https://bigbearbrewingco.com/food/menus/  It's a Micro-Brewery, you know I had to go there!  Burger, and excellent beer.  Nothing more needs said.

         Flights to and from this area are easy to get, but not very good at getting back at a decent hour.  I didn't leave until Saturday morning, on a 6am flight....  So I was up at three to get to the airport in time.  Yes, I flew in and out of Miami International, not Fort Lauderdale.  I won't do that again.

         I'm home in Illinois for a few weeks now before going to Lawrenceville, Georgia for my next class.  My NYC Transit class was cancelled for the umpteenth time, so it may be a while before I get there.  Probably sometime in the fourth quarter, or maybe first quarter of next year.  I will also be in California (Palo Alto area) in late October.  I hope to visit Yosemite National Park at that time.  Til next time, y'all keep on writing and reviewing, and I'll keep on keeping on.  *Smile*

© Copyright 2016 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892863-Partying-in-Plantation-Florida---NOT