*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902210-The-Rising-Stars-Program-is-a-Moving-Steam-Roller
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#902210 added January 15, 2017 at 2:00am
Restrictions: None
The Rising Stars Program is a Moving Steam-Roller!
When I was a kid, there was a commonly-known joke. "What do you take, when you get that 'run-down' feeling?" Answer? "You take the license plate number of the car, that ran you over!"

The joke was neither logical, nor possible, nor even all that funny, but it usually got a laugh because of the linguistic connection between the phrase, "run-down" and "car."

However, the month of January, 2017 is giving most folks on Writing.Com and especially the Rising Stars, that run-down, sleepless in "whatever-your-town-is" and at times hopeless feeling of knowing that you are capable of doing everything you are required to do, but you're just not sure you can do all you are capable of doing all the time for months at a time without any breaks.

Well, I suppose the new recruits in military bootcamp must feel the same way at times. Yet, we have military veterans, who live into their 90s and maybe a few beyond. This tells me, that people survive bootcamp every year and live to tell about it!

The rest of the Rising Stars and I will survive the Rising Stars Program, too, being very glad that we persevered and achieved the next level of Preferred Authors.

I'm not sure I am ready to look TheStoryMaster in the eyes and say, "Bring it!" However, I might be willing to ask rather meekly, "Do you suppose you could wait a half hour after my lunch before you start the engine on the Steam-Roller?
" *Angelic*

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902210-The-Rising-Stars-Program-is-a-Moving-Steam-Roller