*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902638-SubjectVerb-Agreement-Contd
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902638 added January 19, 2017 at 7:11am
Restrictions: None
Subject/Verb Agreement Cont'd
"Subject/Verb Agreement Cont'd

** Image ID #2106623 Unavailable **

Over the past few days we have been studying subject/verb agreement. We will continue today. This can be a confusing topic. The basic message of the topic is that both the subject or noun and the verb have to work together in a way that makes sense. If one were talking about a herd of horses running through a canyon, one would not say "The horses runs through the canyon."

Instead they would say "The horses ran through the canyon."

This is because "ran" modifies "horses" or describes their action in a way that makes sense whiles "runs" does not. This is called subject/verb agreement.

Today's assignment is to correct the following sentences, all written improperly, with the proper subject/verb agreement.

1). The pilot fly the airplane and land it at Los Angeles International Airport.

2). The boy ride the bike down the street as he throw newspapers into the bushes.

3. The dog bark at the man as the man pass by.

Corrected

1). The pilot flies the airplane and lands it at Los Angeles International Airport.

2). The boy rids the bike down the street as he throws newspapers into the bushes.

3). The dog barks at the man as the man passes by.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902638-SubjectVerb-Agreement-Contd