*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910279-TURN-ROUND-SEEING-IS-FREE
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#910279 added May 1, 2017 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
TURN ROUND: SEEING IS FREE
You say that you have dull faculties.

Try to reflect back like this: see if the one who can recognize the dullness is dull too or not.

If you don’t turn the light around and reflect back, you’re just keeping to your dull faculties and adding more affliction. That would be adding illusory falsehood to illusory falsehood, laying on optical illusion on top of optical illusion. Just listen: the one who can know that sense faculties are inherently dull is definitely not dull.

Though you shouldn’t hold to this dull one, you shouldn’t abandon it to study, either; grasping and rejecting, sharp and dull— these have to do with people, not with Mind. This Mind is one substance with all the buddhas of the three worlds: there is no duality. If there were duality, the Dharma would not be of even sameness. “Receiving the teaching” and “transmitting Mind” are both empty falsehoods. Looking for truth and seeking reality seem even further off.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910279-TURN-ROUND-SEEING-IS-FREE