*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943840-Toronto-Again
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#943840 added October 20, 2018 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
Toronto Again
Date: Week of October 15th


Locale:  Toronto, Ontario, Canada


         This week finds me in Toronto, Ontario for another class with the Toronto Police Services.  Half my students were in classes I delivered for them a couple of years ago, so it was like seeing old friends in some ways.  I enjoy visiting Toronto, but I don't enjoy the traffic.  My documentation showed the class would be at one address, but when I went there Monday, it was back where I'd been the previous two classes.  All was well though since I'd left a little early as I usually do the first day.


         The class itself went fine, but there were a few hangups with software.  There was a new release of the software (the same one that caused me such problems installing it on my laptop), and the laptops we shipped for the class didn't have the software completely installed.  Installing it was easy enough, but that is something that shouldn't have happened.  Once we finally had things properly installed, everything went smoothly, and I managed to show them many things that will help them in the future.  This software is totally new to them, so getting them comfortable with it and what it does was the most important to me.



Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Turtle Jacks          https://turtlejacks.com/menus/?location_menu=729          Well, I ended up dining here twice.  Not because it was great (It was very good, but far from great, not too close to excellent), but because it was windy, wet, chilly, and ugly outside on those two nights.  This restaurant was connected to my hotel, making it easy to get to.  *Smile*  Their Shrimp Gyoza was good, but a little overcooked.  I really enjoyed their Garlic Caesar Salad.


         The Keg          https://www.kegsteakhouse.com/locations/dixon-road-keg/#!/menu-detail/?id=14961&parent=5/#siteContent          This too was very close to my hotel, walking distance in fact.  It's not a place I'd go to often, but again, it's proximity to the hotel made it worth it.  I loved their Baked Brie with Pesto and Pepper Jelly.  As you can tell, I was eating smaller portions on this trip, and this was excellent!



In Closing

         I will spend next two weeks in Schaumburg, one week teaching a class, the next I will be a student to learn this one all over again.  It's been 6-7 years since I've delivered it, and there have been massive changes to the curriculum.  The best thing that happened this week (besides returning home safely) is that I got a call from my scheduler, telling me she will be sending me to RAF Lakenheath in England in December!  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!




Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2018 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943840-Toronto-Again