*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1832024
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 23, 2008 at 6:53pm
Re: Writing Every Day
by Amarisa
I'd probably end up doing the same thing, writing flash just to write something. The thing is, I'm constantly thinking about writing, or daydreaming, or reading. So, I tend to write every day anyway because I have so many stories on the backburner, but with no set limit. If you set a limit, you'll head into a rut just like you did. I write lines, quips, dialogue, notes of description, anything that'll help any one of my stories along, or just anything that seems creative enough to keep. From five words to three paragraphs, summaries of plotlines, or even character sketches that I know I need to work on. Sometimes I've spent hours just finding the right name, and that's more than enough work to count if any thought goes behind it.

If I worry about a story for too long, even over a week straight, I'll lose ideas and feel strained. If, however, I keep everything on the backburner, I can add to each whenever I want, for however long I want. And when those ideas die, usually another story pops up again that I can work on, and on it goes. I say... take a break. Keep your stories in the back of your mind, and keep your senses open for any information or description you can add. You might not be pumping out chapter after chapter, or short stories gallore, or even tons of poems. But at least you're working on something worthwhile, and the quality will be good instead of rushed.
MESSAGE THREAD
Writing Every Day · 12-23-08 10:03am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Writing Every Day · 12-23-08 6:53pm
by Amarisa
Re: Re: Writing Every Day · 12-28-08 1:10am
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: Writing Every Day · 12-28-08 9:19am
by edgework
Re: Re: Re: Re: Writing Every Day · 01-07-09 5:07pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1832024