*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3006869
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Folklore · #1343647
???? TEFF HAS Twelve years on WDC! FORUM keeps ADC records.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 15, 2016 at 9:40am
Edited: August 15, 2016 at 9:56am
Re: A new rule in my review guide
From this cunning addition to your bible: A SELF PROCLAIMED STYLE NAZI MANIFESTO one quivers with remorse as writer.

Whereas, impossible to wildly return willy-nilly to completed works and work these points into them.

However, points to ponder whenever a work-in-progress mood grabs us into a deluge of overstatement. E.g. Shall the quest for perfection kill the canary caught in the mine shaft? And if not the best for the piece, at least a consistency throughout is meant to prevail, I suppose.

I agree, actually with most of this. Maybe it is best to vary the sequence, use what sounds best for specifics.

Right now, I'm a few sittings and weeks spent at my discretion into CELLPHONE HELL on
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1969396 by Not Available.

Jiggling a crowd is no easy task for writers. I've cheated all of the grammar rules and frankly dont care. There are no quotation marks.

I was watching tv, eons back when King said of adverbs: I hardly ever use them.

As we can imagine ... anna beat goes on. Oh, slangy TEFF.

I hope to do this justice and shall re-read it and reply again.

Yet, I am so glad you put the Author (yourself) in
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1323687 by Not Available.

during this heatwave August of 2016.

BTW: If you have a Kindle logo or link -- let's have it, Then, I can post it in the ever-changing, mission statement of this forlorn forum.

Congrats for the publication venue. Hooray!

Overall, I take from your Manifesto rule spelunking that combinations are acceptable. IF the story warrants extra explanations. I suppose we consider what fits when the need to impress hits like a barrel tossed over Niagara Falls.That's most likely the primary reason we notice and praise various individual styles of authors' novels.

Oh, and off CELLPHONE HELL, I'm finding myself doubling up on adjectives and adverbs. Without opening a thesaurus. And I dont give a right flying damn. But I do edit as I go, a lot!

The 'whispered softly' point is indeed a correction until now, I would have overlooked for future re-re-edits.
MESSAGE THREAD
A new rule in my review guide · 08-15-16 2:00am
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: A new rule in my review guide · 08-15-16 9:40am
by April Sunday
Re: Re: A new rule in my review guide · 08-18-16 3:20am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, April Sunday.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3006869