Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 4, 2023 at 8:56pm
Edited: November 4, 2023 at 9:06pm
Re: November 4 entry - Explain It To Me Again
by inkerod
"So explain it to me again, doctor. Why am I so scared of snakes? I don't want you to tell me I have Mommy issues, or that I'm afraid my Daddy will castrate me. I want a clear, rational explanation that I can understand. Why am I so afraid of snakes," William told the psychiatrist.
Dr. Bill cleared his throat.
"Well, you have to understand that the unconscious issues you had as a child still lurk inside your head. You are still afraid of what your Daddy would do to you." Suddenly the doctor stood up and yelled, "And you'd better be scared of me, because I am ten times meaner than your Dad! Do you understand me, Willy?"
Dr. Bill sat back down. Willy sat frozen.
The doctor spoke again.
"You see, William. The real world can be very frightening. You just have to learn to face dangers as they come up. Look at me. Do I appear frightening to you? If you feel scared it is because I have tapped into your unconscious fear of your father. In reality I would never lay a finger on you. I would only touch you if I was sure you wanted me to. You don't need to be carrying around all this baggage."
Willy jumped up and yelled, "You're damn right you will never lay a finger on me, because I would make you eat it!"
Dr. Bill sat in his chair for a moment, and then he began to speak.
"Now Willy, that was uncalled for, and if you do it again I will break your face!"
"You want to try me?" Willy yelled.
"Any time, twerp," the doctor yelled.
The two men lunged at each other, gauging and kicking, biting and scratching."
Outside, in the lobby, Ms. Louis was on the phone.
"It sounds like you're having a riot in there," Ms. Grachet said.
"You have to understand," Ms. Louis said soothingly. "Psychotherapy can be intense. It's where people deal with their inner conflicts ... "

300 words
MESSAGE THREAD
November 4 entry - Explain It To Me Again · 11-04-23 4:42pm
by 💙 Carly - aka Joan Watson
*Star* Re: November 4 entry - Explain It To Me Again · 11-04-23 8:56pm
by inkerod

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the twisted raccoon.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3598488