*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3651863
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 14, 2024 at 2:47pm
Re: Groups in the "BoM" and "TWS" World
by Nostrum
Seuzz and Prussian can probably make it better, but the Keyserlings have ties with a fictional trading company whose name eludes me, which has its roots on a branch of the Brotherhood of Baphomet.

The Brotherhood itself is comprised of small groups, each one seemingly holding a lot of power. The one operating in Saratoga seems to have a lineage with the newly-revealed Knights of Jehovah, which makes sinister sense considering the origins of the "Baphomet" cult. Blackwell isn't exactly a book but has ties to them - how deep they are, however, is largely unknown, but at least in two chapters Aidan seems to treat him as an underling. Doris Grissom is apparently an underling as well. Nicholas, IIRC (please correct me if I'm wrong), belongs to a different group where he's a high-ranking member.

Fane is probably the largest group, and (I might be wrong) was founded by the same trading company with ties to the Brotherhood, which is why the Brotherhood is in its directive. However, Fane has twisted purposes, which could put them in a collision course with another branch of the Brotherhood.

When the story starts, the only ones seeking the book are Blackwell, the Durras (representing the Stellae) and nobody else. Fane only appears when Straussler or Proteus are involved, and the Brotherhood only learns whenever Blackwell is missing the book for too long, since otherwise he moves to Cuthbert. Fane's only involvement is in having Proteus there, so they're keeping an eye but nothing else. (And, strictly speaking, the Brotherhood seems to be related to the founding fathers of Saratoga Falls.)

One group that has never been mentioned, and I feel could be interesting to see, are the soldiers (brigade? Regiment?) at Fort Suffolk. Have Will lose the book, then get taken by the MP for interrogation, eventually forcing him to cooperate and eventually sending him to the Department of Defense or something. That'd mean golem soldiers, using masks to infiltrate enemy bases, mind bands to provide soldiers with important skills, improving the capabilities of CIA agents, and so forth. Of course, that could set Will in a collision course with Fane (I suppose they're a government defense contractor), but that'd also show whether the government is capable of keeping these secrets hidden.

Also, while extinct, the precursors of the Stellae (the Court of Stars) were a major group. And the Stellae, the Akshardham and the Great Sages might not be the only groups with adepts - though, if they still exist, they may be hidden very deeply.
MESSAGE THREAD
Groups in the "BoM" and "TWS" World · 05-14-24 1:53pm
by T.G.Almeida
*Star* Re: Groups in the "BoM" and "TWS" World · 05-14-24 2:47pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Groups in the "BoM" and "TWS" World · 05-14-24 6:48pm
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3651863