*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The starving artist finds a bone
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1890836-Shawn-the-shapeshifting-stuntman/cid/1425079-The-starving-artist-finds-a-bone
by Cardio
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1890836
A stuntman uses his power to get cast as a stuntman...or stuntwoman...or about anything
Chapter #1

The starving artist finds a bone

    by: Cardio
Shawn Rowe turned to his alarm clock and hit the snooze button for the 5th time. He was in no mood to get up. Shawn stared up to the ceiling of his small one room apart in LA and thought to himself what he was doing with his life.

Shawn had moved to LA just over a year ago to pursue his dream of being a big time Hollywood stuntman. There was nothing he loved more in life than to feel the rush of adrenaline as he would light himself on fire, or jump from the top of a building, or fighting off a wave of ninja warriors. He’d loved the idea of it since he was a child and knew he had the capabilities of doing it. Heck he had advantages that nobody else in the world had.

You see, when Shawn was in high school he discovered he had the ability to shapeshift. The only limit was his imagination. He used the powers to do the usual things a teenager would do, buff himself up without the workout, make himself just a few inches taller, sneak into the girls locker room under a variety of different personas. But after he got all of that out of his system he realized he could actually do things that could make his dreams come true. So after he graduated from college, he moved to LA where the first thing he did was make contact with his cousin Rebecca. He’d heard tales from his family about the ‘black sheep’ of the family who moved to LA and became a big time Hollywood producer. Unfortunately this was not the case. Rebecca was just a lowly intern at a casting company and she saw no signs of a promotion coming her way.

Little did she know a golden goose was about to fall into her lap when her cousin Shawn came into her apartment one day and turned himself into an exact copy of her. After Shawn calmed her down and explained his powers to her she saw a plan for the future and quit immediately and started the Perry Casting Agency with her one and only client who just happened to be just whatever a casting agent needed.

But this happened over year ago, and outside of a few bit roles as random henchmen on some kids tv shows, a skydiving buxom brunette for a commercial for a crummy website, and even on one occasion a curling playing dog for a straight to dvd movie that didn’t even get released. Nothing was happening for Shawn, he barely had enough to pay for ramen.

Shawn was beginning (and not for the first time) contemplate just moving back home and taking over the family business, when all of the sudden his cell phone rang. Picking up the phone and seeing it was Rebecca he slowly answered, “Your favorite unemployed client speaking.”

“Not for long you’re not,” Rebecca said excitedly, “I just got you your first major gig!”

“That’s what you said with the curling dog fiasco.”

“Forget about that, I got you your first major stunt role and a real life, honest to God, actually getting released in theaters film!”

“Really!” Shawn said suddenly awake, “What is it! Who will I be doing work for!”

“You’re being hired to be the stunt double for…”

You have the following choices:

1. The Leading Actor

2. The Leading Lady

3. A teenager in high school

4. A canine lead

5. Something else

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Cardio (UN: cardwiz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cardio has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1890836-Shawn-the-shapeshifting-stuntman/cid/1425079-The-starving-artist-finds-a-bone