*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Enter Peter
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/667160-The-Magicalest-Place/cid/293956-Enter-Peter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Fantasy · #667160
What if the Walt Disney animated characters were real and lived in Florida.
Chapter #1

Enter Peter

    by: disneyfan
Wendy Dearly is a single mom trying to manage a home with two rather independent children and a busy upward business career. She has found that being the sole parent is difficult and at most exasperating, but she loves her children and wouldn't compromise their safety or well being for all the world. Yet she must make a living to afford their home and pay all the bills associated with normal day to day living.
As her job as senior assistant to the CEO of her company, she makes a decent salary but it also affords little time to spend with Brooke or Michael, her children. She HAD spent a long time searching for the right woman to serve as their nanny while she is at work, but now nanny Mary was leaving her employment to spend time caring for own grandchildren.
Now Wendy is searching for someone to take over the care of Brooke and Michael. She had taken the day off to interview applicants sent to her by the employment agency. Several seemed ideal but none had reached that level of perfection Wendy required.
As Wendy reviewed the last applicants interview she heard giggling and laughter coming from the family room down the hall from her home office. Her children were home from school, which meant that it was sometime after 4pm. and Wendy had spent the last 6 hours interviewing.
She was about to look in to the dining room where she asked the applicants to wait when the laughter and giggling stopped.
Being a concerned mother, she knew that when children are quiet that usually means trouble. Instead of looking in the dining room she proceeded to the family room instead.
As she approached the door she heard a man's voice speaking softly.
Being suspicious of a man in her home she bounded around the corner to see a tall, lanky, red haired man sitting crossed legged on the floor, in a business suit and tie telling a story to her children. Brooke was laying on her stomach with her head in her hands and propped up on her elbows. Michael was sitting with his legs crossed same as the man in front of him.
"...then the pirates stuck a sharp sword into her back and forced her to walk the plank." the man looked up and saw Wendy and he stopped speaking.
Both Brooke and Michael turned to see what he was looking at and saw their mother in the door. Brooke ran to her mother excitedly. "Mommy, can Peter be our nanny."
"Please, Please, Please." Michael said, coming up behind his sister.
Before Wendy could respond the young man with the red hair was standing before her with his right hand extended. "My name is Peter Banting and I'm here for the position of care taker for your children."
Wendy took his hand and his handshake was that of a determined man, something that she found to be a rather distinctive of the power hungry individuals in her career. "I'm sorry, but I'm looking for someone a bit older"
"But Mommy we want Peter!" Brooke screamed.
"I'm sure you do, honey." Wendy placed her hand on Brooke's head and smoothed her soft golden hair. "But I'm looking for someone capable of discipline and take care of you when I'm not around and not someone who will play and tell you stories all day."
"Ms. Dearly, I've taken care of numerous children and I'm more than qualify." Peter says.
"I don't question your abilities but you are entirely too young to watch my children." Wendy replies.
"I'm a lot older than I look." He says putting his hands on his hips and stand with his legs shoulder width apart.
Michael goes over and stands next to Peter assuming the same stance. Then Brooke moves to stand with Peter and the three of them look at Wendy.
Finally the scene before her softens Wendy's disposition and she shakes her head. "O'k I'm out numbered. But this will only be a trial. After a week if I'm not satisfied, I let you go."
Peter kneels and puts his palm out and both children slap it as a sign of them winning over their mother.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 disneyfan (UN: disneyfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
disneyfan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/667160-The-Magicalest-Place/cid/293956-Enter-Peter