*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1138541-Nightmare-of-the-Influenced
by Shadie
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #1138541
Nothing is what it seems...

A white-sand beach on a beautiful spring evening. The sunset painted colors across the sky that would make Rembrandt envious, and the breeze offered a calm serenity of mind and body alike, lulling the senses and gently rocking the trees to sleep.
I stood facing the ocean, it's vastness seemed empty on the surface but beneath it churned with life. A bird sang out in pleasing serenade, accompanying the whisper of the wind through the trees.
My trance was broken by a soft sound coming from my left. I turned, and only thirty feet from where I stood, there was a beast of such beauty I could not turn away. A large, pure white horse shining like silk in the tropical sunlight watched me with great curiousity. A single, dazzling horn protruded from it's crown, and wings of silk rather than feather rested idly at it's sides. This animal enthralled me. It posessed a magnetism I couldn't resist and I drew closer to the creature, amazement numbed my senses.
When I was only ten feet away, the beast snorted and stamped it's hoof in warning. I ignored it's discomfort, I could not possibly look away. It's eyes hypnotized me and I came close enough to touch it. It cried out in fear and beat the air with it's wings. I reached a hand toward it's nose.

TBC
© Copyright 2006 Shadie (bbrd1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1138541-Nightmare-of-the-Influenced