*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188183-An-End-and-a-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Chapter · Other · #1188183
Second Story for Myvanor.
She glanced down at the rose in her right hand, and with her left she lightly touched the velvet-like petals with her fingers.  As she did so, a light glimmer on her hand caught her eye and she stared at her hand a moment, smiling.  She had never been one to enjoy flashy things, but this was different.  It held something dear to her, just as dear as the rose that she had been given so long ago, not this rose she held now.  The love that they both had been given to her with was what made them so precious.

She threw the rose over the edge of the small cliff and watched it float slowly down to the water to rest as she thought about the most recent occurances in her life.  While not all were pleasant, they had been a good lesson in her life.  She thought about how much she had grown and learned to fight for what she felt was right in this world.  She thought about the friends that she had made, and grown close to during her travels and many battles, and while many were now gone from her life for good, some had just gone their own seperate ways.  Some would be missed far more than others, and while before she had felt despair at the seperation, she knew this time that their paths would cross again.  The times they had shared would eventually draw them back together, and they would share many more happy memories.

Her time to wander alone again had come, and she accepted it.  Where she would go, or what she would do did not really matter.  All that mattered at this point was that she had to keep fighting for what she felt was right inside of her.  She had always been one to follow her beliefs and not let anything stand in her way.  Now that things had changed, she had to do so alone.  Perhaps eventually she would find others to fight beside her who felt as strongly as she did about such matters, and perhaps the people she loved, cherished and held close to her would return to fight along side her again.

She looked down at the water where the rose had been but had long since floated away.  She smiled at the private thought and stood up slowly.  Turning she slowly walked away.  It was the end of many things, but a new beginning with new adventures sure to follow, and hopefully the return of things forever loved and never forgotten within time.
© Copyright 2006 Kal'men'el (goddess5683 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188183-An-End-and-a-Beginning