*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188187-War-Against-the-Horde
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1188187
Third story for Myvanor
Myvanor lounged atop one of the dusty rocks outside the gates of Orgrimmar and watched Ginness from a distance. His message to the Horde had been received exactly as he had hoped, and the drums of war would soon ring.

A slight chill ran up her spine as the thought of war went through her mind. She was not thrilled about the idea of war, but she knew that sometimes it was necessary. Things had changed so much over the last few years, war was to be expected. These people, this tauren in particular needed to be brought down. She would be there to back her friends and allies as best she could.

She slowly walked off staying to the shadows to prepare for the battle.
*******************************************************************
Myvanor stood overlooking Lake Elune'ara, but not really seeing the lake itself through her glazed eyes. The glow of her eyes was brighter than normal as she concentrated her mind on healing her wounds.

She looked down at her hip, seeing the arrow still jutting out, she sighed, grasped it with both hands and jerked it out with a slight wince but not a sound.

She looked back out to the water and the glow in her eyes faded. The wounds were healed as best as her abilities could manage, but the scars would remain, both inside and out.

She thought back to the previous night..

They had fought the horde of inside the Tram lines, and then outside the gates of their own city of Orgrimmar. We would have revenge for the attack on our cities, and revenge is what we had.

Her fellow druid, Amelech, bravely led a small group into the city to attempt an assassination on the tauren that had caused all of this, Stormthuman.

The word of failure reached our ears outside the city, but the group pushed on and harder. While we distracted them outside the city, the small brave group took down the tauren. Cheers went out all around at the news of this foul tauren being slain.

The cheers were soon cut short as a mob of horde rushed over the bridge screaming. The fear, and hatred could be seen in their eyes as they raised their weapons and prepared their spells. The rest seemed a complete blur..


Myvanor's eyes again started glowing brighter and glazed over, seeing none of her surroundings once again. The battles were over for now, but the war was just beginning. The horde had fought bravely and fiercly. Now that one of their own had been slain, they were sure to fight even more so. And so would the Daggers.

Myvanor was suddenly brought out of her trance-like state as the wind blew through her hair and she heard the whispering in it.

Rini Lo Al'shar

For the first time in days, she gave a slight smile.

"Let the war begin. Rini Lo Al'shar." she whispered in return.
© Copyright 2006 Kal'men'el (goddess5683 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188187-War-Against-the-Horde