*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234198-Unbroken
Rated: 18+ · Other · Emotional · #1234198
An angry rant about people and their excuses.
  Every time I turn around I hear those words that just make me want to cringe. People making excuses for others or themselves. It’s an over rated crutch for individuals to use when they do the wrong things. The infamous statement, “Well, I was abused as a child.,” “I was sexually molested.,” “My parents did drugs.,” or “My father was an alcoholic.” This is the reason they did what they did? Well I say that’s a bullshit excuse. An easy way out. A way not to take responsibility for ones own actions.

  Every person has the ability to chose their own direction. Wether it be the right or wrong choice. No one holds a gun to their head and says “Smoke that crack because your parents did“, or “molest your step-daughter because your uncle molested you“. We all have the option to say “No, I refuse to follow in those same footsteps. I refuse to continue the cycle.” You either make it or you break it. It is up to the individual to live in the past or make a future for themselves.

  Before you say it’s pretty ballsy of me to write such a complaint, I come from a so called “broken home”. I have experienced all the abuse. The mental, physical, sexual, and drug abuse. Not to mention spending my share of time in a foster home. So, I have all the right to speak on this subject. I refuse to allow the cycle to continue. If I screw something up it’s because I’m human and humans make mistakes. Not because I come from a broken home. I will not use that lame ass excuse. I will remain UNBROKEN.

© Copyright 2007 Kattway92 (kattway92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234198-Unbroken