*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250927-Martha-George-and-the-Wolf
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1250927
I'm always fascinated with absurdity and also with the effects of society on a person.
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, lives an old woman. She lives in the middle of a thick forest, and she never has a child. Because of this, she feels sad and lonely. Everyday, she goes to the lake and pray, “Oh, my dear lake, please make me happy. Give me a child.” She does this everyday, and yet, she never has a child.
         One day, a good wolf knocks on the door. The old woman never has visitors, and she doesn’t know what to do with the wolf. The wolf, upon entering the house, says, “My dear lady, I apologize if I bothered you, but my brother, he escaped from our den, and he is a very wild wolf. I caution you.”
         “Thank you, Mister Wolf,” the old woman says.
         The next day, she prays again to the lake, “Oh, my dear lake, please make me happy. Give me a child,” and that night, a hunter knocks on the door.
         “My lady, I am sorry if I had disturbed you,” the hunter says. “But I’m just here    to warn you about a wolf. He entered my house and ate one of my babies. Be careful.”
         “Thank you, Mister Hunter,” the old woman says.
         After the hunter left, the old woman hears another knock on the door. She looks out the window, and she thinks that it was the good wolf. She opens the door, and it isn’t the good wolf, but his brother, the one who escaped the den.
         The wolf suddenly leaps towards the old woman. The old woman screams in pain as the wolf takes off her clothes and rapes her. After a minute, the wolf leaves the house. Lying on the floor, the old woman becomes pregnant.

         The old woman has given birth to twins, and she names them Martha and George. Ten years has passed, and Martha is now a beautiful girl with long, brown hair, while George is equally good-looking with brown hair, too.
         One day, Martha and George are helping their mother by washing the dishes on the lake.
         “Oh, George,” Martha says. “Let us rest, for we have been washing dishes for an hour.”
         The twins go inside the house and they see their mother looking straight at them. Their mother is hanging from the ceiling using a rope, one end attached to her neck. Her feet are dangling a few inches from the ground, and her tongue is sticking out.
         “What happened to mother?” George curiously asks, approaching the old woman.
         “Oh, no,” Martha murmurs. “Mother could be sick. We must help her! Look at her tongue. It’s blue.”
         George takes a stool, stands on it, and feels his mother’s neck. “Mother is sick. She’s very cold, Martha. What should we do?”
         Martha finds a piece of paper on the table. “Look, George. Mother had written a note. It says: I can’t bear any of this anymore. Find your father. Go south.”
         George gasps. “We have to help mother! She can’t bear her sickness any longer!”
         “Maybe, our father has the medicine,” Martha says. “Let’s go.”
         Before they go, Martha and George pull their mother from the ceiling. The old woman’s head lands first on the floor, and a loud crack is heard.
         “Mother is really sick,” George whispers. “Her body is in pain, I think.”
         After putting their mother to bed, the twins set off. They have never been to the south of the forest before, and they feel scared. It is becoming darker, and an owl perches on a tree branch, murmuring, “Kids…”
         “Kids… what are they doing here?”
         “Arg, never ‘ad kids.”
         “Look at ‘em, couple of animals…”
         “I’m scared,” Martha says.
         George approaches the owl. The owl has two heads and has red feathers, and eyes as big as a wheel of a wheelbarrow. “Excuse me, Mister Owl,” George says, “Do you know where our father is?”
         The owl’s four eyes widen, and both heads scream, “Ooohh.. What the hell? Ooohh… I don’t know where your father is, how could I know? Oohh.. Get out of here before I turn you to food!”
         “You don’t know?” Martha says. “But, but, mother always tells us that owls are smart creatures, that a lot of animals respect them because of their intelligence.”
         The owl straightens his body. “Oh… Oooh… Of course. But, I was just lazy to answer. Anyway, your father is over there, right near the lake.”
         The twins head over to the lake. One year has passed, and they finally find it. It is very wide and beautiful. The water is sparkling, and there are fishes swimming around.
         Martha and George meet a green frog, a frog as big as their house. “Excuse me, Mister Frog,” George says, “Do you know where our father is?”
        The frog’s eyes widen, and he croaks, “Ribbit.. Seriously? Ribbit… I don’t know where your father is, how could I know? Ribbit… Get out of here before I stomp on the two of you!”
        “How cruel,” Martha says. “My mother always tells us that frogs are the kindest animals, that a lot of other animals respect them because of their kindheartedness.”
        The owl gulps. “Oh… Ribbit… Of course. But, I was just feeling very tired. Anyway, your father is over there, right inside the cave.”
        The twins head over to the cave.
        Two years have passed, yet the twins still can’t find it. When the third year has come, Martha has already bore a baby girl, and George is the father.
        “Oh, George,” Martha says. “We’ll name her Hannah.”
        Hannah is as beautiful as Martha. She has long brown hair and eyes as blue as the sky.
        After another year, they have already found the cave.
        “Oh, George,” Martha says. “Maybe we’ll find father there.”
        Martha and George enter the cave. It is dark inside, and there are bats flying near the ceiling. But, Martha isn’t afraid. She wants to find her father fast. At the end of the cave, they find a large wolf. It is the largest wolf they have ever seen. It is sitting down at the end of the cave, chewing a corpse of an old man.
        Martha gasps. “Is that our father?”
        “Aye, what makes you think tis’ you father, little girl,” the wolf says. “He doesn’t look like ye.”
        “Why are you eating our father?” George asks.
      The wolf stands up and smiles. “Because he wants to get te my stomach.”
        “Your stomach?” Martha says. “Why does our father wants to get in your stomach?”
      “There are lots of toys in my stomach, see,” the wolf tells the twins. “D’you want te follow?”
      George looks at Martha. “I want to play.”
      Martha nods. “Me, too. Then, after playing, we can get the medicine from father. Oh, George, now, mother is going to be alright again!”
        Martha and George approach the wolf as it eats the entire body of the old man.              The wolf faces Martha and George and opens its mouth wide. Martha, with Hannah in her arms, is the first one to enter the wolf’s mouth and the wolf happily chews off the girl.
      “It’s my turn!” George shouts. “It’s my turn!”
      George is quickly eaten, leather jacket and all.

      The wolf lives happily ever after.
© Copyright 2007 Will Cab (leonhart88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250927-Martha-George-and-the-Wolf