*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281764-Mix-Matched
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1281764
How everything is mix-matched and destroys everything.
Evette sat up proudly. Devon and her were sleeping over at Arden's house, but Evette slightly invited herself. Arden had a snarl-like shaped face, but never let Evette see it. Devon was utterly confused, I mean usually the three of them get along fine but lately Ardena and Evette have been a little rocky.

"SO...." Devon said akwardly.

Neither replied to Devon. Not helping. She thought.

Arden stood up, "I'm getting popcorn, and we should watch a movie, be right back." And she left without even giving Evette a passing glance.

"What's her problem Devon?" Evette asked angerly.

"Well...You did invite yourself to her house." She admitted.

"You want me here right?" Evette questioned.

"Yeah, but obviously Arden doesn't." Devon made that clear, and the dilema began...

At School the Next Day

Evette stormed up to Arden's locker, looking for answers. Arden paid no attention to her until Evette shut her locker. "What the hell is wrong with you Arden?"

"Excuse me? Evette, you little slut! You better start giving me some answers!"

"What? I'm no slut, if anyones a slut, that would be you!"

"Well at least I don't around kissing other friends boyfriends!" Arden screeched her temper rising higher and higher by the second.

Arden and Evette started screaming and fightly loudly, even people stopped and stared at them. Devon was chatting with her boyfriend, Steven and Arden's boyfriend, Brett. Steven and Brett just happened to be best friends, and so were Arden and Devon. Didn't that work out well? Until what Evette did....

FLASHBACK

Arden was walking down the dorm hallways, and happened to pass Evettes room. The door was open for a change, so Arden decided to pay Evette a visit and see if she wanted to go bowling or something. Arden pushed open the door slightly, and saw Brett and Evette lip-locking. Arden's jaw dropped, almost breaking away from her face. She turned away and ran. Ran far away, to where she did not know. She had her head down, from crying too hard. Then she ran into a tall figure, that grabbed her by the sholders and shook her.

"Arden? Are you OK?" Steven asked concerned. He was Ardens ex-boyfriend but they made a pact to still be friends afterwords, because they were friends before their relationship.

"NO! I AM NOT OK! BR-BR-BR...." Arden stumbled, bursting into tears.

"Shhhh. Shhh." He placed a finger to her trembling lips. "Come on, let's go to your room and we can talk about it." He lead her towards her dormroom, opened the door and sat her on the bed.

"OK. What happened?" Steven set out blandly.

"Brett...I caught...Urrrggg. How do I put this? I caught Evette kissing Brett!" Arden started balling, hugging him tightly. She lied her head on his shoulder, stopping the flow of tears slowly. Steven let her hug as long as she wished, rubbing her back for confort. Arden eventually let go. She wiped her eyes dry and looked up at Steven.
He was smiling shyly. Arden smiled back; she was thankful he still cared about her and at least SOMEONE did...

Steven ran through her mouse brown hair. His hand went to the back of her neck then down her back. He leaned forward and kissed her, his hand wandering under her shirt up her back.

~~~

"Brett can I talk to you?" Evette asked, standing outside her doorway. Brett was passing by when Evette noticed him.

"Sorry Evette, I don't really have time to talk right now."

"It's very important and it will be quick I swear!" Evette put on her well known puppy dog face. She eventually leered him in.

"Fine...But make it quick." He walked into the room, Evette closing the door after him. "Evette, I'd rather have the door open." Brett stated firmly. Evette slightly rolled her eyes but reopened the door and sat on her bed.

"So Brett I hear your on the football team?" Evette slyly said.

"Yeah...But what did you want to talk about?"

"Brett," She stood up and walked over to him, "You seem very strong, no wonder you were on the football team." As she stated this, Evette rubbed her hands on his biceps, then started moving her hands down to his pecs. Brett felt unconfortable so he nudged her off of him.

"Evette-" Brett started when she cut him off by kissing him.

They kissed until Brett heard footsteps and knocked some sense into him. He pushed her away and started to yell at her. "What the hell do you think you're doing whore?!"

"But Brett..." She cooed stroking his arm again.

"STOP! Evette, stay away from me!" He pushed her away and walked out the door leaving her behind.

Evette stood there, at loss for words, and watched him leave. Then she walked to the doorway and started to roam the halls.

She hung her head in shame, Why did I do that? I knew he was Arden's boyfriend...I just got caught up in the moment...I hope... She walked down the halls and saw Arden's room. Well it's too late now. I guess I might as well hang out with Arden since she's right her. Evette knocked on the door once then opened the door, "Hey Arden I hope I'm not interrupting anything-OH MY GOD!" She whispered at the end, rushing out of the room. She stood with her back to the wall in shock.

~~~

Arden heard the door open and shut. She shot up away from Steven. "What the fuck are you doing?!" And Arden slapped him across the face, leaving a huge red mark.

"Arden! I thought-"

"Well you thought wrong! You fucking thought wrong! Your going out with Devon now! How dare you fucking kiss me! And fucking try to unstrap my damn bra! You bitch I don't give a shit about your fucking hormones! Get out! Get out NOW!" Arden screamed at Steven pointing at the door. He left immediatly, scared to receive more pain from crazy Arden. When he walked out the door, Evette was long gone...

PRESENT

Devon, Steven and Brett heard yelling from down the hall. "Who's having the hissy fight this week?" Devon asked aloud.

Steven was the one to answer, "I don't know, probably one of the preps broke a nail again."

"Let's go see what happened." Brett said, dragging the other two along with him.

When they arrive there was a huge crowd surrounding two girls. They couldn't tell who though. Devon pushed her way through the crowd, the two boys following her. When she got to the front she saw her two best friends fighting, with words.

"STOP!" Devon got inbetween the two holding up her arms, "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS FIGHTING ABOUT?!"

They both shot up in flames, yelling, screaming and pointing at different people in the crowd. Those two, Brett and Steven.

"I have no idea what you two said but what does this have to do with Steven and Brett? Evette shut up, Arden you go first."

"I CAUGHT HER KISSING BRETT!" She cried out. Then she turned to Brett and whispered, "How could you..."

"Is this true, Brett? Evette?" Devon questioned.

Brett was the first and only to answer, "Evette wanted to talk to me then she strated to kiss me! I swear Arden, I never meant to hurt you!"

"Evette? Care to explain?" Devon turned to her, trying not to raise her voice.

"Well...ARDEN KISSED STEVEN!" Evette announced. The crowd gasped.

"WHAT?! STEVEN! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I lost control! It was me! All me, please don't blame Arden! You see the red mark on my face, Arden did that! I never ran into a door!"

"HELL YEAH YOU LOST CONTROL! STICKING YOUR ARM UP MY SHIRT!" Arden yelled, walking up to Steven, but Devon stopped her.

"Let me handle this." Devon spoke calmly. She walked up to Steven with a big smile on her face. "Ahh Steven. YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" And Devon kneed him in the balls, making him fall to his knees. "DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN!" Arden and Devon then left, noses in the air.

Brett followed them, trying to talk to Arden, but Steven was still in pain on the floor. Clay, Evette's boyfriend, was in the crowd and came up to her. "Evette. We're through." He stated plainly then walked away.

Evette was in shock. At first she didn't say anything, but then she recovered some dignity, "Well, I NEVER LIKED YOU ANYWAY!" She screamed after him.

TO BE CONTINUED...

© Copyright 2007 ChArMeD. (charmed__magic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281764-Mix-Matched