*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281979-Making-Up-and-Making-New
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1281979
The sequel to Mix-Matched.
A FEW DAYS LATER

"Guys are such assholes." Arden stated.

Devon sighed longingly. "Steven was perfect...He was sweet, kind but then he had to..." Devon looked away, trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry Devon that had to happen..."

"No, it was his fault. He was the one to kiss you. I feel bad he tried to untie your bra...He never tried that with me. I guess he never did like me the same way..."

"Well, he's a jackass. He was using you Devon, and those boys aren't worth your time and tears." Arden spoke, wiping the tears from Devons face.

"Thank you Arden, but what are we going to do about Brett?"

Arden sighed and was about to answer when there was a knock on the door. The one at the door swung it open and started to yell for Arden. "Arden! Arden! Brett is injured! He wants to speak with you!" Lori, Brett's little sister, whined.

"WHAT?! He's hurt? How? When? Whe-" Arden stopped herself. "No."

Lori pleaded Arden to come with her to see Brett, but Arden was firm and said no.

"Come on Arden. He's hurt and wants to see you, and I bet Evette kissed him. Go! Just go and meet me at my room later!" Devon eased.

"Fine I'll go, but I won't like it..." Arden sighed and followed Lori down the winding halls towards the nurses office.

After a few minutes, when Arden was long gone, Devon stood up. "Well. I have a few hours to kill, might as well go to the cafeteria for lunch." She walked out of the room and down the opposite hall. She looked in her pocket for some cash and found about $10, Enough for a muffin, and a soda! She thought happily.

When Devon got there, she filed into line behind a tall kid. He had dark brown hair that was long, but not too long to make him look like a girl. She couldn't see his face until he turned around to grab a milk carton. "Hey." He said.

"Hey." Devon replied. He had dark brown eyes, and his hair almost covered them, but not quite. His hair curled slightly at the ends, framing his darker toned face. He wasn't too dark, but just a nice tan color. He turned the other way, grabbed a banana and moved up in the line.

The line was shorter then usual, everyone was already sitting at a table. She grabbed a chocolate chip muffin and a bottle of sprite. The kid in front of her, whose name she did not know, checked out and walked over to a huge group of boys. Devon watched him walk over and the lunchlady had to poke her to get her attention. She checked out, having $7 in spare change and was about to find a table to sit at when the group of boys she was just staring stood on the table with food in their hands. "FOOD FIGHT!"

Everyone burst up with, spagetti, pizza, milk cartons, and other messy foods throwing them at the other teens. Devon saw a banana launched her way and ducked just in time. She stood back up and propelled her muffin towards where the banana came from. She watched the muffin fly, and smash into the tall, dark and handsome guy she was in line with. Laughed softly, and he smiled wiping muffin from his face, "Good shot."

"I'm sorry!" She giggled, loudly enough for him to hear. Then the principal barged in hearing all the noise. Everyone ran for their lives when they saw him, and the boy ran towards Devon. They ran side by side out of the cafeteria, laughing loudly. "That was a close one!" Devon exclaimed, as they both took a break from running. They were in the lounge now and sat down on one of the couches.

"Yeah it was."

"Uhh, you have a little something on your face," Devon said, picking off some leftover muffin bits from his face.

"Really, I didn't notice." He joked, letting her sweep the extra muffin from his face. "I'm Tristen. And you are?"

"Devon," She answered smiling. They started talking a little, and ended up talking for almost an hour before Tristen asked.

"Do you want to go see a movie?" He asked slightly shy.

"Yeah, I do." She smiled, again and they walked out the door. They decided to walk there, considering the theater was only a mile or two from their college. Also, giving them more time to talk.

~~~

Arden walked wearily into the nurses office to see Brett. No one else was in the room, just him and her. She walked up to the bed where he was lying in, then sat on the chair next to the bed. At first no one spoke, they just stared into each others eyes when Brett broke the silence.

"I still love you."

"Then why did you kiss Evette?" Arden raised her voice.

"I'm sorry, I tried to push her away. She just kept coming back. I left after she kissed me."

"Your stonger than her!" Arden stood up.

"I didn't want to hurt her!" He retorted.

Arden had no response to that. She just stared at him, then sat back down. She looked away from him, "I still love you..."

"Then will you marry me?" Arden turned around sharpy, surprised by his words. "What?"

"Will you marry me?" He asked again, pulling out a velvet box. He opened it and there was a diamond ring, sparling in the light.

"It's a definate maybe." She smiled and kissed him on the lips then left the room, leaving him to think of her words.

Arden walked back to her dorm. When she got there she watched some TV for almost two hours before realizing. "Oh my god! I forgot about Devon!" And she rushed out the door to her room. Arden slammed the door open, "Devon! I'm so sorry! I forgot!" Arden walked into the room and saw Devon kissing a complete stranger. "DEVON!" Arden screeched. The two broke away from each other then they blushed. "Whos' this?"

"Uhhh. Arden, Tristen. Tristen, Arden."

"I better go now..." Tristen walked out of the room grabbing his jacket.

"Damn right you better go!" Arden yelled.

Devon walked with Tristen to the door and whispered in his ear, "Call me."

He walked out smiling, and Devon smiled too until she turned to see Arden. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Devon yelled, slamming the door shut.

"Well sorry! I just found my best friend kissing a complete stranger!"

"He's not a stranger to me! We hung out all day together!"

"So tell me what happened with you two?"

"First tell me what happened with Brett."

"I asked you first!" Arden exclaimed.

"Fine..." And Devon told Arden the story how her and Tristen met, what they did and everything. They sat on the bed chatting about Tristen until Devon asked about Brett again.

"Well...How do I say this? He proposed."

"NO SHIT!" Devon exclaimed.

"YES SHIT!" Arden jumped. "But I said maybe."

"GOOD! Because you needed to talk to me first!" And they went into a frenzy, jumping and giggling.


TO BE CONTINUED...


© Copyright 2007 ChArMeD. (charmed__magic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281979-Making-Up-and-Making-New