*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354051-Resurrection-Prologue-Part-1
Rated: GC · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1354051
The legend of ancient Egypt and the curse it brought into the future.
         Ancient Egypt, in the city of Phrenra, east of Thebes, in the year 2336BC. A pharaoh by the name of Etio was in power and the fifteenth to rule in his family dynasty. He stepped out onto his balcony watching his people build sculptures of Isis and Osiris, hoping to please them as Phrenra was famous for its worship of these gods. It had taken about thirty years, but they were almost finished.
         "My Lord," a voice spoke.
         He turned to see his high priest, Anamu.
         "Yes?"
         "The ceremony shall begin shortly."
         "Thank you."
         "Shall I send in Sahet un Nehim?"
         "Please."
         He left the chambers passing the sensually beautiful woman, locking eyes with her, as she entered to be embraced and greeted with a kiss by the pharaoh.
         "Good luck, for my daughter, Malea, is strong."
         "She is no match for me even if she has the strength of your late wife."
         "Then let the ceremony commence."
         They left his chambers and entered a room held for special occasions such as today. Etio was seated while his four sons and their families, Anamu, guests, and servants sat around him. Malea, his beautiful daughter, and his third bride to be, Sahet un Nehim, awaited to begin their fighting with tridents. This ceremony was a coming of age for Malea and she had to fight her future stepmother, for it is written that a young woman of royal blood who should turn twenty must fight against her mother to show that she has matured. Malea loathed the woman standing across the room because she knew that Sahet un Nehim really didn't love her father, but was after the influence she could have over him and the city.
         "Let it begin," Etio announced.
         The two young women began to fight and tumble, showing how skilled they were. Their tridents clashed, clanging as they matched blow for blow, both equal in this match until Malea miscalculated her future stepmother's moves and ended up on her back with Sahet un Nehim crouched over her.
         "You have been practicing, I'll be sure to watch my back."
         "I will be sure to watch mine as well."
         "Enough! Malea, I entrust you with the ring of Isis, which the one who wears it can control Osiris' heart and with that can rule the world; as well as the Book of the Dead and the Book of Life. Sahet un Nehim, I trust you to guard my life along with my bodyguards, the Kumbra."
         He hugged his daughter not knowing of Anamu's and Sahet un Nehim's glances towards one another as Anamu walked past, leaving the room.

         That night in Sahet un Nehim's chambers, Anamu awaited her. She quietly entered the room and smiled at the priest.
         "Was it a tiring day?"
         "Of course not. It was quite challenging since Malea has become stronger like her brothers and will one day prove to be useful."
         "Or a force to reckon with in the near future."
         "No matter because we are together and shall be for all eternity. No one will stop us."
         She enticed him with a seducing kiss and he pulled her closer to his body, ravishing her neck as a soft moan escaped her lips, forcing her to move backwards. The back of her legs hit against the gilded bed on which she offered herself to him, and he took advantage making their bodies and souls one. Unbeknownst to the lovers, Malea had overheard their conversation while passing the door that had been left ajar. She was furious, but decided to wait to tell her father until she knew what the lovers were planning. She also did not want to risk her life because she did not want to admit that Sahet un Nehim was a better warrior than her. She needed more time along with practice for her plot against the imposter she was to call mother and her father's most trusted subject.
******
         The next day, Malea was practicing when Sahet un Nehim sauntered in.
         "Still trying to figure out how I made that move on you?"
         "I am too busy practicing moves to pull on you when I am ready to challenge you next."
         "There will not be a next time because when I wed your father I'm sending you off to Rome as a servant girl. The Emperor should be pleased with you that he might fall in love with you causing an affair to ensue and then his jealous wife will murder you. How do you like your future so far?"
         "My father would never let that happen!"
         "He would if I told him."
         "My father loves me and besides I am the guardian of the ring of Isis, the Book of the Dead, and the Book of Life!"
         "I will be awarded guardianship when you are gone."
         The princess was furious that she struck Sahet un Nehim with a trident across her cheek. She was shocked and then felt her face finding blood staining her hands.
         "That will scar!! You shall pay for this!!"
         She ran out of the room, vengeance plaguing her mind.

         Later, Etio visited his daughter in her chambers.
         "You are lucky that cut will not scar. I am disappointed that you would harm her for no apparent reason."
         "Father, she is plotting against our family with Anamu!"
         "What?!"
         "They're after the kingdom! Those two have been lovers since they laid eyes on each other or haven't you noticed? The woman claiming to love you is planning to send me to Rome as a slave when you two wed so she can abuse the powers of the sacred objects I protect!"
         "Malea, you have such an imagination like your mother and that is why I love you so much, but I must lock you in your chambers for a day because of your actions."
         He planted a kiss on her forehead before locking her in and she sighed.

         Sahet un Nehim hurried to Anamu's chambers and knocked. He opened the doors and grinned when he saw her.
         "What is it?"
         "I am moving the plans up because my dearest not to be stepdaughter has been locked up for the day and I thought we shouldn't have to wait until I'm wed to Etio to put our little scheme into action."
         "When should we do it?"
         "Tonight."
         "You are a brilliant woman."
         He embraced her.
         "I love you."
         "Not as much as I love you."




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1355355 by Not Available.
© Copyright 2007 Lorie Boru (lorie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354051-Resurrection-Prologue-Part-1