*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465505-Helicopter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Death · #1465505
This is about almost losing the one you love most.
I rush through the doors and create a burst of noise in the cold night's air as I run to the beat, the powerful thunder of the helicopter's blades. I scream at the top of my lungs to mask the blades’ steady beat of death. I ran, following it, for it carries your dying body and I can't let go. How did we arrive at this point? How could we let it go this far? I pound the hard, lifeless concrete with my feet as I race against the clock to save you. I need you! I scream into the uncaring, merciless wind. Please you must come back to me! I struggle to breathe as your pain and last seconds of life hit me square in the heart. I start to beg... please hang on. I get to the point where your half alive body lays. I grab your hand and pray... I'd do anything to take your place, for the world, the here and now, needs your love and strength more than the Heaven above. This world is nothing but cold, lifeless dirt without you. I squeeze and squeeze your hand. The tears swell in my eyes and there are no dams to withstand this flood. I burst and the tears streak my face, they tumble down the cheeks you always loved to touched, and land on your burnt wrists. I collapse on your chest. I hear a faint noise of the heart that once was full of love. I focus all my energy on this one spot... listen here my dearest heart, don't you give out on me. I need you to beat for me. Without you I lose everything. Without you I am nothing. Without you the world only reveals itself in shades of gray, emotionless, and holding no beauty. I make endless attempts to breathe my own life into your body. I start to pound on your chest, it won't work. Let him go, they say. But I can't, I refuse to release the only person I've ever believed in. And with that, I see a flicker of your eyes. Yes... please... again a movement and two brilliant green eyes appear from behind the dark screen of awaiting death, and in them I see my life, you've come back to me. In those eyes, I see your purpose in life and I'm glad to see it's me. Slowly... the sweet air fills your lungs. Your passion for being rushes the color back to your lips and warmth overcomes your skin. I hold onto you and will never let go...
© Copyright 2008 Leap of Faith (a302201l at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465505-Helicopter