*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479165-Midnight-Revalation
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1479165
A sweet, or not so sweet, boyfriend showing his girlfriend his favorite place.
    Liam gazed up into the clear midnight sky. His shaggy black hair hung over his pale moonlit face. This was the first rest they had taken in three hours, but they must move on again. They must reach it before morning. He had been waiting so long for this, waiting to show her the lights. A surprise awaited the girl standing next to him, a surprise that would change both their lives.
    Liam guided Emery along the blackened trail deeper into the vast forest; his powerful hand clutching her fragile one. He seemed to be pulling her along, as if she had become tired and weak.
    “Do you want me to carry you?”
    His voice echoed throughout the trees, breaking the silence.
    “No. I can do it; I can make it.”
    He smiled. She would never let him carry her; her pride stood in the way.
Liam’s eyes darted back and forth from the trail to the sky. Only an experienced guide could find his way through this Trickster’s Maze with little moonlight to guide his path. Trickster’s Maze, that’s what they used to call it.
    Memories of his childhood flooded his mind. Summers spent with cousins and brothers were located in this forest. This was where they had hunted and found their food. This forest was the safest place to hunt. He remembered bringing home grand prizes to show off to relatives. His older brother used to bring home the greatest catch, but he remembered the time when he surpassed them all. It was a heavy brute that had almost escaped its death, but Liam was faster than his prey. Days were spent here with boys and now he returned, but this time with a beautiful girl. Liam’s mind focused back onto his future. His pearly teeth shown through the dark each time he smiled, especially when he thought of tonight. This would be the moment of his life.
    Emery’s body ached. They had been moving deeper and deeper into the seemingly endless forest. Her watched showed 12:05 am, meaning that they had been traveling almost three hours with only a one-minute rest. As she grew weary, Liam seemed to gain energy and strength at every step he took. It appeared as though his energy came from the woods, as if he belonged here. He pushed and pushed to get to wherever their destination was, sprinting to get there. As exhaustion nearly consumed her, a clearing came into view. Trees circled the clearing and the stars shown brightly above; each dancing for their visitors.
    “Sit here.”
    Liam’s quivering voice broke the silence once again, causing Emery to jump. She followed his orders and gazed up at the sky above them. Liam’s body froze and his once warm hands were now cold and clammy. He couldn’t afford to get nervous now; he couldn’t back out. This had taken so much time and planning that he could not crash it now. Emery’s voice broke his frigid silence.
    “Liam these stars are so beautiful! I could stare at them forever!”
    She fell back onto the carpet of grass and Liam fell with her.
    “The stars aren’t what I wanted to show you. They will come when all is silent.”
    The couple laid there in the stillness of the night, soaking in each note the forest played for them. Soon, as if on command, lights appeared in the trees.
    “Sit up Emery; this is what I wanted you to see.”
    His voice was a soft whisper that floated with the cool summer breeze.
    Emery’s face lit up as she saw the Christmas tree display of flashing lights. The forest created a dark backdrop, while little fireflies lit up the night. The show circled the whole clearing, creating a new planet filled with perfect fantasies. Her body picked itself up and stood her on her feet, her eyes ever gazing at the gorgeous display.

First Ending:
    His quivering body floated behind her and kneeled down silently. This was his chance to change their lives, his chance to make them happy.
    “Emery?”
    She turned around almost tumbling over him. This was what she had been hoping for, what she dreamed of since she was just a child. Tears swelled in her eyes.
    “Emery, will you marry me?”
    She slowly nodded her head as tears streamed down her face. Liam stood up, took her hand and placed a gorgeous silver ring upon her finger. Their day was complete with a perfect fairy tale ending.

Second Ending:
    His quivering body floated behind her and stood there silently. He could almost taste the red liquid that flowed through her veins, making him salivate. Befriending her was the only thing that could get him this far. It was the hardest task he’d ever taken on, but he had accomplished his goal and was now ready to claim his reward. The hunt would end soon.
    “Emery?”
    His once soft voice was now cold and evil. His real personality was emerging, transforming him into a savage beast. The last thing she would know is that he betrayed her; it was her perfect mistake. The guy of her dreams would be the one to stop her quiet heartbeat, the one who snatched her last breath away.
    Startled by the sound of Liam’s voice, she turned in fear. He lunged at her throat; his perfect fairy tale ending.

© Copyright 2008 ~>Dagger<~ (kawaii_kon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479165-Midnight-Revalation