*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503364-Cryadon
Rated: 18+ · Other · Fantasy · #1503364
A novel where the character is taken to another planet
              As Emerald came into work that day she felt that something was off. She had made sure that she got everything that she needed, but she felt like she was missing something. There was a large meeting with two other law firms today, and it promised to be hectic. Instead as she made her way for the stairs, she heard arguing, a paramedic stopped her.
         Ma’am I suggest that you do not take the stairs today; it would be faster to take the elevator.  We’ve an accident in the stair way.”
         Emerald nodded as she turned away, she heard a woman yelling at one of the paramedics, she was glad to avoid that route. Emerald made her way to the elevator and pressed the up button. The laptop bag she carried was heavy, her purse also weighed her down, and both were cutting off circulation.
         The ding of the elevators arrival brought Emerald out of her day dream. The doors opened with a swoosh, she stepped and pressed the fourth floor button. Doors closed and the elevator leeched upward. There was a loud screech and the elevator stopped moving. Damn it, Emerald thought as she pressed the floor button again. Nothing happened; the air around Emerald began to grow cold. Emerald frowned and pressed the emergency button a few times. There was a sound of thunder and rain. Emerald wondered if it was raining outside.
         Emerald began to panic when a drop of water landed on her shoulder. She gasped as she looked up above, on what would be the ceiling of the elevator, and was a blackened stormy sky.
         “Come on whoever is playing this crafty trick cut it out. I’ve an important meeting to be at.” Emerald laughed.
         “Men pull back this battle cannot be won, pull back!” a man to Emeralds right yelled.
         Emerald almost screamed at the sound of the man's voice but a more terrifying sound could be heard. The walls of elevator changed form a muted brown toned paint to large oak trees and the floor changed from drab gray carpet to a carpet of green grass which glowed in the dark. Thunder got louder and the rain began to pour, literally, on Emerald. She discovered herself on a meadow just outside a forest to her left.
         The thunder continued as Emerald glanced to her right. Coming at her from a battle were hundreds of horses decked out in war armor. Now she screamed. She dropped her laptop bag and ran into the forest.
         
         He spotted the strange woman as she dropped her bag and ran into the forest. She was the oddest thing he had ever seen. Quickly he spurred his horse ahead of the retreating party; if she was not careful she would be trampled or taken hostage by the other war band. Only one thought came to his mind as he rode after her, she was the first fallen woman in history of Cryadon. He could not suppress his smile.

         Emerald climbed up into the nearest tree, she was going to hide and then figure out what had happened to her. The war horses could be heard approaching the forest, but one man rode beneath the branch. She tried to shift her weight and as she did the branch gave a loud crack and she grunted. She fell to the floor in front of his horse.

         He heard her grunt as she landed in front his horse. She landed with a thud.  She stared at him with a bewildered look on her face. Fear was also apparent in her slate gray eyes.
         “Where am I?” the woman asked. Aubrey recognized the language as English, she was from earth she was fallen.
         “Well, ma’am something has happened to you.” Aubrey began to speak, he was interrupted by her.
           “I am dead aren’t I?” she asked quickly, “Tell me how it happened, please?”
         A puzzled look crossed Aubrey’s face. Emerald sighed.
         “I’m not dead?” her voice hesitant.
         “You are not a ghost or a spirit, at least I do not believe so.”
         The woman grinned and Aubrey stiffened, she was beautiful. He was stunned by her beauty, it was unusual. Dark black hair framed a pale white face with bright intelligent gray eyes. The hair was long and straight it fell past her thighs.
         “Okay well then what has happened to me, I was just on an elevator going to an important meeting.” She said calmly
         Aubrey looked at the woman and then said, “Well now you do not exist on Earth any longer. You have been teleported to a planet called Cryadon. You are what we call a fallen.” He stopped hoping she could digest what he told her.
© Copyright 2008 Rainingtears (rainingtears at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1503364-Cryadon