*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1508699-Housecleaning-Elf
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1508699
Beware Housecleaning Elves! - Entry for Daily Flash Fiction 12/25
After I sat down to take a rest, a little man appeared before me. To say I was surprised was an understatement. He gave me a cute little smile and swept his hat off of his head as he gave a courtly bow.

“Hello,” he said in a high-pitched voice that wasn’t unpleasant to the ears. “I am a housecleaning elf.”

I smiled in delight at this little creature. I knew I could definitely use his services. My house was in shambles. Toys had taken over the living room, dinner dishes were still in the kitchen sink, and there were several baskets of laundry to be folded. The carpet needed vacuuming, dust covered every visible surface, and the bathroom could use a good scrubbing.

“That’s wonderful!” I told him. “I could really use your help. Sometimes, it’s overwhelming trying to keep up with my family.”

He rolled up his sleeves and said, “Your house is a mess! Clean it up!” With that, he disappeared.

As I sat there fuming at his audacity and thinking over what he said, a slow smile spread across my face. If that little bugger ever showed up again, I know what I’ll do with him. A good swift kick off of the balcony would make me feel better. Not to mention the fact that it would get some useless trash out of my house. It makes me want to leave my house a mess just in the hopes he’ll show up again. I can’t tell anyone though, I want it to be a surprise.

Word Count = 259
© Copyright 2008 Erin J. Roberts (sldrsprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1508699-Housecleaning-Elf