*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519215-Dear-Mom
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1519215
a letter to my mom
My mom didn't die or anything I just wanted to write something she could read now.  She has been sick with diabetes

and i  just  decided  to write  this  letter . i gave this to her  and she  cried  and  today  i'm  giving  to you all  to  read this. i hope  you  enjoy.





Dear Mom,

               

                  I love  you from the bottom of my heart  and I'm gald that god pick you to be my mom.  Sometimes  I  wonder what would life have been like if you were not my mom,  and it pains me to see. To see  in my mind  life in gray and black.  To not being  able to see your smile  and to hear your laugh.  Even to hear you  fuss about  someone not washing  the dishes.  To not feeling your warm  hugs as we both say  see you later; never goodbyes for we will see each other soon. I wipe that  picture from my mind, from my dreams.  And I sit and smile and thank god for you.

 

                I remember the trouble and problems and how you fixed them .  When dad turned his back on us, you were strong  and you never gave up.  You stood tall and was the best mother you could be and you still are.  I hope that when my day comes and I'm holding a bundle of joy; that I could be half the mother you are.  With your sickness of sugar diabetes, I'm afraid to lose you.  Afraid to oneday see you  in a casket, covered with flowers and hear the cries.  The cries of the love ones who will miss you, but not more than me.  I know this shall come oneday but I rather  not  think of  such a way to see you or remember you by. 



                  Wow as I sit and write this to you, I cry in slience as to not wake the world . I know if  I cry in pain it will be loud and I won't be able to stop.  So may I end this on a happy note.  May I remind you of the good times we've had. Of the times we  went  to the movies and out to dinner and took pictures.  How we sit and talk, and laugh about old times. I want to remember  those times, lock them in my mind and open  it when  that day comes. The day when your smile will be gone and  your laugh is a mere  memory of the past.  The day I  will cry til i can't no more.  BUT..... Before you go i just want you to know , i love you.  I love you  like bees  love sunflowers, like  flowers love the rain  and it will never change.  I love you like you love me. Giving me your wisdom and knowledge and sense of humor.  Your smile and eyes, and slick tongue.  Your  zest for life and  desires to help other people.



                        Mom, mother, best friend  once more I love you and that will never change.
© Copyright 2009 pinklove (myeisha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519215-Dear-Mom