*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555749-Sorrow-of-Pain
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1555749
What does a broken heart look like?
The tranquility was shattered with a thump equaled only by a gunshot. Twiggs fell to the ground violently disturbing the daily chores of a peaceful ant convoy. In an instant panic was at the order of the day as wings flapped vigorously to escape the impending fate. There on the lime green forest floor laid a broken heart. The owner was nowhere to be seen, the heart still beating with the pain of being broken and thrown away. The blood red pulsing mass mutated the surroundings into a scene only found in a mind of a person who finds joy in mutilation. As the pungent smell of heart ache dissipates, curiosity triumphs over anguish and fear. What could cause this amount of trauma and pain? Death, possible, but what if that was not the reason for the serenity of this forest to be shattered in such a way? What other reason could there be? Loosing an item of value? Also a possibility, but does not seem to fit this violent disturbance of peace fullness. The only other possibility is the loss of someone or a love so strong it could move mountains. Yes, this could be the reason. Why would this happen? What possible reason could there be to inflict this amount of pain? Fear once again creeps to the foreground as the possible healing of this excruciating pain looks bleak.

A picture such as this painted by words in a receptive mind could cause a feeling of empathy towards the “owner of a broken heart”. Pain to the bystanders is perceived as an emotion with which there must be dealt. Similar to physical wounds on the human body, these “emotional” wounds have to heal.

Some wounds heal quicker than others. For example a scratch from a pet heals with in a few days without leaving any or very little scaring. Similar to this, one can say an emotional scratch could be something like a stray stone chipping a vehicles windscreen.  You feel bad, angry maybe even a bit sad if it is a brand new car. But two three days later everything is more or less back to normal. Yes the license disk might not be where it was or the new windscreen might not have the marks from previous stray stones. But it is something which we get use to very easy.

Now breaking a bone, your arm for instance, now that is something a bit more serious. Besides for the extreme pain which seems almost non existent, you are aware that your mobility has been influenced. That piece of toast seems to be a major task to spread with peanut butter and syrup. Not even mentioning scratching that darn itch on your arm underneath the cast. Then of course there is the cast, which for some reason pulls everyone’s attention to you, pitying you for the pain and discomfort provided by it. Now this can be translated to the emotional aspects by thinking of that promotion you never received. Climbing that corporate ladder no seems to be just that much more difficult. The corner office with the view no belongs to the “other” person and all the attention is now focused on the object causing your mobility on the corporate ladder to be more challenging.

These examples are easily understood and related to. They are a lot more “practical” examples as saying imagine the pain of a gunshot wound. A foreign object penetrating your flesh, more often than not exiting as well, leaving a gaping wound in you body. How does it feel to have ‘n hole in your body? A hole the size of a pencil on entry and roughly three times that size on exit. Every piece of flesh the bullet either touches or went through has either been scorched or ripped apart. How would you describe that pain? Extreme? Extreme pain doesn’t quite sound right. Excruciating? Sounds better but still not quite the right word. Extremely excruciating, now that is more like the pain one would image is experienced from a gunshot wound.

But there is one pain that could dwarf all of the above pain full experiences in an instant. The pain of love lost. Either by the unforeseen circumstances such as death or by the loss of true love. The pain of losing someone thru death is so much more than just pain that it is impossible to describe it.  The loss of true love is something that many have experienced, and this experience of pain will remain edged in their memories until the end of time.

The loss of true love brings with it a pain that broken bones, scratches and open gapping wounds put together can not compare to. If an inanimate object like a soda can had a nerve system, imagine the pain it would feel when you crush it with your hands or under the heal of your shoe. That is the pain you feel in your heart. The feeling that your heart is being squeezed by a pair of huge hands forcing the heart muscles out between the fingers, forcing the last fluids from it like a sponge. That is the pain of loosing true love.

Unfortunately there is no medical procedure to either prevent or cure this. So now the question arise how do you prevent or heal this Herculean pain? Prevention is said to be better than cure, but what would the world be without love? Thus prevention is out of the question. The loss of true love is something the most if not everyone will experience at some point in there lives. Now if that is true, why then does is hurt so bad? Why would one then give everything just to loose it eventually and get hurt? Because we must! What else could possibly give the same ecstasy as the feeling of completeness only shared with that one person? Nothing, there is nothing that can even be compared to that feeling, and because that feeling is so indescribable, the pain must obviously also be indescribable if that feeling is lost.












© Copyright 2009 Ermacion (ermacion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555749-Sorrow-of-Pain