*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555750-Rainy-Saturdays
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1555750
“If this is a dream, Lord please keep my eyes from opening... "
Outside the day gives way to darkness, all the scurrying eases to rest. Softly the drops fall against the window with an uneven yet calming rhythm. Eyes filled with stars stared back at me, taking me on a trip through distant dream world galaxies. Soft words carry my past stars on a trip only experienced in the dreams of a child. Gently, soothing moon dust trickles over my soul, strewn by small, beautiful hands. Quietly, a light breath whispers to me, “change your heading”. “Change it to where silver orbs bubble up from the base of blue liquid dreams. Head towards the place where young boys change to men and they experience love that will last forever”. Enticed by the voice my heading changed and so did my life.



“Well I just heard the news today

It seems my life is going to change

I closed my eyes, begin to pray

Then tears of joy stream down my face” - Creed



In an instant my life changed from being white splashing water forced over and between boulders to a tranquil slow flowing silver stream, cobbling gently over pearl shaped pebbles. The once unruly rapid disappeared in an instant. With this newly found calmness I found myself wishing for time to stand still. Forever seemed so close. Reality was a lost phrase with no explanation and no meaning.



“But, I being poor

I've only my dreams

I've spread my dreams beneath your feet

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.” - William Butler Yeats (The Movie Equilibrium)



Then the angelic voice broke the silence of space and once again I was swept away to continue on my journey. Brightly coloured ideas of fun, happiness and pleasure rushed me by. Astonished by the beauty I struggled to fully comprehend all that was happening around me. Am I dreaming or is this really real?



“If this is a dream, Lord please keep my eyes from opening... If this is really real, Lord please protect me from falling asleep…” - Ermacion



© Copyright 2009 Ermacion (ermacion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555750-Rainy-Saturdays