*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577110-Emeralds
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ace
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1577110
A brief skit about Braulio and his recollections of Miranda.
         The weather this evening is perfect.  A vast blue sky is peppered with white clouds.  There is a slight cool breeze that cools the warm July afternoon and makes the green grass in Candle Creek sway, and as I look up at the sky, I see a multitude of shapes and clouds of different sizes.  There in the grassy fields of Candle Creek lies Miranda looking up at the sky along side me.  I turn to her, and observer her visage: her soft sultry caramel skin, that lusciously long black hair, and most of all her clear, shimmering green eyes.  That is what I love most about her, those beautiful emeralds.  The contrast that exists between her tan face and her lucid gaze is exceedingly dangerous.  I stare into her eyes as she directs her attention upwards almost as if in a trance.
         “You okay ?” she asks bewildered by my sudden amusement.
         “Yeah, fine..”  I regain my composure.  “Mira, do you remember the day we met?”
         “Yeah, way back when...” She looks up at the sky once more.  “Why?”
         “Your eyes...they remind me of then...when we first met.”
         “Huh?”  She diverts her attention towards me.  “Doesn't sound like something you would say?”
         “Something about your eyes that I can't get over,” I continue ignoring her last comment.  “Almost as if they are hypnotic in a sense.”
         “Hypnotic? Ha, wow? Never heard that one before.”
         I then avert my stare to the sky, and regain my composure.  I realize that I'm getting carried away.  One should never give to much importance to anyone, otherwise they are sure to take advantage of you.
         “Why did you stop? You were doing so good.” she utters mockingly smiling once more.
         “Yeah.  I guess.”  Keeping my game face on, yet deep down inside I felt lucky to be next her. 
         “Oh c'mon.  What were you gonna say?”
         “I still remember when you first walked in to Mrs. Thompson's second grade class.  Do you remember?”
         “Yeah, I couldn't lift my eyes off the ground.”
         “That's right.”  I pause for a second.  “Then Mrs. Thompson sat you next to me.  I gotta admit, my first impression wasn't too favorable...”  That should get her attention.
         “What? Why?”
         “The lunch box.”
         “The lunch box?”
         “You never let go of the lunch box, almost as if afraid I was gonna steal it.”
         She laughs.  “Don't tell me you felt offended by my shyness.”
         “Yep, I sure was.  But then, you gave me a quick gaze and that's when our eyes met...”  I look at her and bump my index finger on the tip of her nose.  “I've been in a trance ever since.  That's why I say hypnotic.”
         “Wow, Braulio that was so deep.  Did you read that out of a Maxim mag?”  She laughs hysterically.
         I began to lose my disposition;  I thought girls love this kind of talk.  This is what I get for trying to be sentimental.  Better play it cool.  “Yep, Maxim has a lot of pretty girl with nice eyes.” I stammer back.
         “Are their eyes just as pretty as mine?”
         “Nope.....” I pause for a second for a lasting effect.  I can sense her ego getting a confidence boost.  I stare deep into those emeralds. “They're better...”
         She frowns and looks away.
         Perfect.
© Copyright 2009 Ace (gaitan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577110-Emeralds