*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1152317-King-Snake----Snake-Eater
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ace
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1152317
What happens to a killer that suddenly looses his will to kill?
There's a blade on the table top encassed in a black sheath. Its a rather long one bowing out to the right and extending upward to a sharp point. There's a snake emblem on the sheath, a red and black creature engulfing what appears to be another snake. Its eyes are sparkling rubies whose candescence burns hot with the ire of a predator. The predators body is wide and extended, going all the way down to the tip of the sheath while the prey a has milkish appearance.

Drinking some whiskey at a tavern, Zen ponders as to the nature of the sword. Silence has been a friend all of these years, and the blood of many has been split by its blade. Indeed, the lives of many men have come to a halt, and their souls now torment his being at nights. These demons cannot be vanquished with Silence or by any other physical means, only time can perhaps erase the memories of the brooding spirits. It is this torment that has caused a doubt in his heart, and has put a question mark on whether a killer can continue to kill while putting aside his very humanity. There comes a time when even the most seasoned of killers must account for his or her actions, and must answer for the lives of those who were abruptly sent to hell. Even in hell, while their flesh burns perpetually, the slain leave their mark upon the predator, a venom that slowly rots the soul from the inside out. For the longest, he has had immunity to the venom, but slowly that immunity has morphed into doubt and perhaps even guilt.

And thus, a killer looses his will to kill, and runs the risk of becoming the prey.

No matter how hard Zen has tried to put his past behind him, its remnants have always caught up to him, leaving him to wonder if killing is his destiny.

The tavern door opens and voice shouts "I've been looking for you, King." The tavern grow quiet and the patrons know there's trouble in the air. Zen does not turn around to look and continues to drink his whiskey. He can hear the figure walk towards him until finally he sits down before Zen. It's Taal, the Ball Python. "You sure are a hard fellow to find nowadays...." Taal grabs the bottle of whiskey on the table and takes a few gulps and continues. "You know why I've come here." He puts a dagger on the table in front of Zen. "Save me the trouble, King." He takes another gulp of the whiskey and makes for the door.

Looking at the dagger, Zen decides whether to opt out. He could end this right now and join those he slain in hell or he could fight and live to see another day. Perhaps by living, he can find some other purpose to his life.

Throwing the dagger at the tavern door, Zen grabs Silence and goes into yet another bloodbath. Taal stops halfway to the door looking at the dagger. "I'll see you outside then."

Nothing in this world is easy. Reality is a domain of suffering where there are only prey and predators, but even prey, when put in a position of imminent danger, must try to kill in order to survive. Killing is the only guarantee for survival; in this world, its kill or be killed.

© Copyright 2006 Ace (gaitan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1152317-King-Snake----Snake-Eater