*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595028-Dark-Ocean
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Health · #1595028
The thoughts and feelings of depression, and how to be rescued.
Dark Ocean

I am drunk on the sadness
From an uncaring world
Poured hatefully
From a black bottle
Into a glass with jagged edges

I am shrunk with fear
That suppresses my being
From living and loving freely
And the coffin of my life
Is closing ever so slowly

I am almost unrecognizable
To others and to myself
I want to do something
But I need miracles to hope or move
Away from what I have become

My world is a dark ocean
All things I loved are whirlpooling
I can’t reach them anymore
And they seem far too good
For one who feels so unworthy

I am hoping to wake up
And find myself in a clean gown
With angels combing my hair
But it won’t ever happen
Because it feels like I already died


Depression may seem incurable, but Jesus gives a new mind and a new life!

Romans 8:6b The mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.
Hebrews 13:5-6 God has said, "Never will I leave you. Never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid."
2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Psalm 107:13-16 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress. He brought them out of darkness and deepest gloom and broke away their chains. Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men, for He breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.
Psalm 91: 1-2, 4-6 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. If you make the Most High your dwelling--even the LORD, Who is my refuge--then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you.
Psalm 91: 1-2, 4-6 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. If you make the Most High your dwelling--even the LORD, Who is my refuge--then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
© Copyright 2009 InkWellspring66 (songofsolomon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595028-Dark-Ocean